Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

Anyone having the following issue?

When resetting the amp block (picking a different amp and going back to the original used), I'm noticing that input gain is staying the same no matter what amp model I go to. I tested it on different presets (factory, untouched) and the same thing is happening.

Is this normal?

@FractalAudio

AC-20 12AX7 T w/ a Treble Booster into either an AC-15 or AC-30 cab w/ KSM313 mic. Add some Tape Delay and a bit of Reverb and it's edge-of-breakup sonic bliss.

I turned the Tube Bias down to about 0.8 and increased Supply Sag a bit to give it a little more bloom and sag.

When resetting the amp block (picking a different amp and going back to the original used), I'm noticing that input gain is staying the same no matter what amp model I go to.

I believe there are some parameters that don't change when cycling between amps - only the parameters pertinent to the topology of the amp get reloaded/reset.

If you want to reset absolutely everything I think you have to use the "reset block" command.

Anyone having the following issue?

When resetting the amp block (picking a different amp and going back to the original used), I'm noticing that input gain is staying the same no matter what amp model I go to. I tested it on different presets (factory, untouched) and the same thing is happening.

Is this normal?

@FractalAudio

If you mean Input Drive, then yes. It's always been that way. Bass, Mid and Treble also remain where they were set. Why would this be a problem?

If you mean Input Drive, then yes. It's always been that way. Bass, Mid and Treble also remain where they were set. Why would this be a problem?

Sorry, I should say I thought it was a potential glitch since I didn't bother to notice before (hadn't tweaked sounds in a while and I wanted to re vamp some of my patches with q6). It's not bothersome, was just curious if it was normal behavior.

Wow, I can definitely "feel" a difference when playing lead. I'm using the USA IIC++ amp model and shredding feels easier. The amp seems more forgiving, Not sure if "bounce" is the right word, but there is a noticeable and welcome change in the way my guitar strings seem to feel when playing with this new firmware.

Cliff, question about the new changes to the Amp block's Preamp Tube Type parameter. Is the newly titled "12AX7A JJ" the same as the "12AX7B" from the previous firmwares (it's located in the same spot, after the "7025" type)? Or is it the previous default type, "12AX7A"? If it is the "A", is there anyway to get the "B" put back in?

Thanks, and thanks for the great new FW. :)

EDIT - Sorry, just noticed this on my patches made previous to the newest firmware, where I wasn't using the default preamp tube type ("12AX7A"). When I select a different tube type, then switch back again, the Preamp Hardness parameter displays a different value. For example, a patch where I'm using the "7025" type, the Preamp Hardness shows 8.50. When I deselect, then switch back the "7025" type, the parameter changes to 8.00. I assume this is the new correct default value. So does that mean I need to deselect/re-select the tube type in all my patches where I'm not using the default, then save them? Or is this a bug and the Preamp Hardness values should have automatically changed when the firmware was updated?

Last edited:
I decided to revisit an old favorite and got lost in the Buttery model for over an hour. Chewy goodness.

Nobody? I have to be the one who posts this?...

65054725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom