Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

Thanks Cliff!

I am sure all the modifications were painful and awful to edit, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I like the idea of firmware rollbacks being an XL only feature, since it was originally marketed as a unit with power user features. Everyone wins!

I am curious if the changes freed up enough space for a future of updates, or if it still at the tipping point of the new update being questionable for Mk I/II users every time.

Cliff and co - another one for the 'thank you' jar. Brilliant outcome for the Mk I and II crew - thank you for
your consideration.

All the best, as ever.

Cheers Giles

Add another huge thank you onto the pile, Cliff. I'm a Mark II and XL+ owner, so I thank you for your brilliant solution.

Awesome! Thank you very much Cliff, it's great to have the opportunity to stay on the boat. Can't wait to try the new Fw.

This is really awesome news! Thank you so much Cliff!! I was disappointed and satisfied at the same time when it looked like the end but am completely pumped about having this update! You sir, rock!

Awesome! Thank you soooo much! Best company ever!

Can you approximate how much more time this buys us Mark 1/2 people? Clearly at some point the thing will be full and if we aren't carrying around legacy code I assume all of us will be good with it when that day comes. Would be nice to know if I should start saving up for an XL+ in the short term though.....

I'd like to thank Cliff for taking the time to remove the older firmware modelling switching for us Mark I/II users. It shows great support, that FAS is listening to it's user base and dedication to it's products.
It's also listening to the people who purchase new equipment that keep the company going...many of us like the modeling options. Don't mistake our relative quietness for agreement (the recent election showed you how wrong making that mistake can be!) with the MK II customers' screams of "they don't need it!"

Awesome! Thank you soooo much! Best company ever!

Can you approximate how much more time this buys us Mark 1/2 people? Clearly at some point the thing will be full and if we aren't carrying around legacy code I assume all of us will be good with it when that day comes. Would be nice to know if I should start saving up for an XL+ in the short term though.....
I don't know how legitimate this line of thinking is, but...

axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_5p03p01.syx is 3566 KB
axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_6p00.syx is 3573 KB

Difference is ~7 KB

axefx2_Quantum_5p03p01.syx is 2719 KB
axefx2_6p00.syx is 2706 KB

So, it would seem that 2726 KB (2719 + 7) ends up not fitting on the Mk1/2. So let's say maybe 2723 as a maximum, or something around there.

So we now have about 2723 - 2706 = 17 KB left. That might end up being 2 updates of the magnitude of the 6.00 release, relative to 5.03.

This is making a lot of assumptions, one being that all code changes are additions - that's not how software works.

Awesome! I'll be upgrading my Mark I on Friday! Thanks so much, Cliff and FAS. I never had any intention of using the older modeling versions. It's a nice surprise to come home to. Best customer service (of any company) ever.

Back
Top Bottom