Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.03 Firmware Released

I have found an annoying bug in 5.03, on the presets with delay, the overall/master feedback is set to 100% and goes into self oscillation

Hmmm interesting your finding that; I jumped from v3 -> v5 and didn't touch any of delay blocks in my presets and haven't run into what you describe. Rehearsed last night and used Delay blocks with a few presets without an issue; even tweaked in a new slap back on the Y setting on one and didn't find a problem.

Have any midi controllers hooked up, etc.? Do new instances of a Delay block do that??

I have 4 exp pedals and a pai of Boss FS6 foot switches, this bug only surfaced after 5.03 was installed. I shall investigate further when I get the time, creating new patches etc

"Fixed volume of “Brit Silver” amp model lower on Latest and Q2.01 modeling versions."

What does this mean? I've read it 15 times and it still doesn't makes sense to me.

"Fixed volume of “Brit Silver” amp model lower on Latest and Q2.01 modeling versions."

What does this mean? I've read it 15 times and it still doesn't makes sense to me.

I would assume the output level from the amp block for the Silver Jubilee models was too high when the modelling version was set to "Q2.01" and "Latest". Or the other way around. "Fixed...lower" could mean the fix lowered it, or that the problem was that it was lower.

The more I read it, the more I think that the problem was that it was lower.

The volume was too low under certain settings of the Modeling Version parameter.

This was fixed.

Ergo, "fixed volume of X [being] lower under Y conditions"

(It may have been higher rather than lower but it's inconsequential, it's fixed now)

It was too previously too low, as I jumped out of my skin when recalling a jubilee preset saved in the last version as the volume increase in 5.03 was huge!

Gigged with 5.03 last night. Tones and feel were excellent!

I was on the fence with the Hook amps until I heard them in context at volume. I am now hooked.

I actually had women coming up and talking about my guitar. That almost never happens. Something really good is going on here.

Re installed 5.03 and still the self oscillation is there on certain patches where the delay master feedback is set to 100%. Seems as though I'll have to go through the patches and set all the feedback levels

Gigged with 5.03 last night. Tones and feel were excellent!

I was on the fence with the Hook amps until I heard them in context at volume. I am now hooked.

I actually had women coming up and talking about my guitar. That almost never happens. Something really good is going on here.
here.

Ok, I will install 5.03 very quick now. Would like to to get coming up women too :)

Re installed 5.03 and still the self oscillation is there on certain patches where the delay master feedback is set to 100%. Seems as though I'll have to go through the patches and set all the feedback levels

The default value of Master Feedback is 100%. You must have something configured wrong.

The default value of Master Feedback is 100%. You must have something configured wrong.
I haven't read all of this in context, but just Cliff's sentence above reminds me of something I've wanted to add to the wish list for a long time:

Users need something that indicates default value or default state for a parameter. It would go a long way to clearing up confusion and helping users know what they changed and by how much.

Here's my logic: If the Axe-Fx offers the ultimate exploration of tone, if it lets you go down the rabbit hole and explore a nearly endless subterranean labyrinth, then why does every Fractal screen fail to tell you where you are? It seems ironic that every knob, switch and button on every screen is capable of displaying the current value/state of every parameter in every block -- and yet they don't display the original default value for a parameter, or the default "state" of that parameter. Without that, it's hard to know or track what you've changed and by how much. Currently resetting the block ("beam me out Scotty!") is the only available tool to address this.

As a result, these are questions I often find myself asking for anything doesn't have zero or "noon" or "on/off" as a default setting:
  • What did I change?
  • Where did I make those changes?
  • Do I really have to click through every frickin window and guess which thing I moved and by how much?
  • How far is my change from the default value?
  • What the frick IS the default value? (without resetting and losing all my progress)
  • Did the latest FW update change that default value or others?
  • If so, which frickin default values did it change?
  • Did this latest FW actually cause me to lose the changes I made? If so, which ones? (even though I don't actually remember where I made them or how far from default those changes were, because there's nothing that shows me that info ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom