Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.03 Firmware Released

Ahh timely release...am just about to go downstairs and hammer on the Hook amp so I'll update first. Thanks, as always, for the fixes..

For some reason Rodney Dangerfield's voice segueing "speaking of more sag...." popped into my head. Made me smile...speaking of smiling...thanks for the endless pursuit of perfection!

Re. Sag

After updating to Q5.03 I loaded a preset of mine with a 'Shiver' amp block - checked the Sag value - it was 0.80

I'm pretty sure I didn't tweak the Sag value for that amp from it's default when making the preset - so it was probably '1.60' in the previous FW.

I then changed the amp type to another Shiver type and the Sag value went to 1.60 - I then swapped back the amp type to the original amp and the Sag value stayed at 1.60 - it didn't revert to what I believe was the original 'halved' default of 0.80.

So have all the amps default Sag amount actually doubled - IE all amps have much more Sag effect applied by default?

I sort of read it as if an amp's default Sag was 1.60 in Q5.02 it would become 0.8 in Q5.03 and stay at that value - meaning you could dial in twice as much Sag if you wanted

Or am I being a dunderhead?

Did the BB get updated?

Fixed duplicate Modifiers (left over from a bug in the original Axe-Edit) possibly not being deleted properly.
Fixed volume of “Brit Silver” amp model lower on Latest and Q2.01 modeling versions.
Fixed Preamp Bias not retained when Force Default Version is On.
Fixed wrong firmware version reported to Axe-Edit.

Re. Sag

After updating to Q5.03 I loaded a preset of mine with a 'Shiver' amp block - checked the Sag value - it was 0.80

I'm pretty sure I didn't tweak the Sag value for that amp from it's default when making the preset - so it was probably '1.60' in the previous FW.

I then changed the amp type to another Shiver type and the Sag value went to 1.60 - I then swapped back the amp type to the original amp and the Sag value stayed at 1.60 - it didn't revert to what I believe was the original 'halved' default of 0.80.

So have all the amps default Sag amount actually doubled - IE all amps have much more Sag effect applied by default?

I sort of read it as if an amp's default Sag was 1.60 in Q5.02 it would become 0.8 in Q5.03 and stay at that value - meaning you could dial in twice as much Sag if you wanted

Or am I being a dunderhead?

Something is wrong. I've pulled the firmware until it gets sorted.

Back
Top Bottom