Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.02 Firmware Released

Dude! I dont do betas and avoid those .ox, .ox.oo releases! I always wait, it works for me! I rather play and record stuff than tweak and update presets all the time. I come to the forum often and stay up to date myself! My FAS gear does all i need it to do right now!

I only replied because you referenced stable within the context of firmware that will "last us a month" rather than a beta offering. That said, Q5.02 isn't listed as beta.

I understand others may feel curious, anxious, obsessed, addicted, entitled to get FREE firmware and boast about it but that's not required to be able to use the gear satisfactorily.

You certainly don't have to tell me that! I've never been one to think hardware is only useful as long as I can continue upgrading it.

Cliff, this new modelling is absolutely outstanding!
Intrigued about what Yek said about the updated fuzz pedal I decided to get meself a slice of Fuzz Pi.
Try it out guys.
What I did was just select the Plexi Normal preset, reset Drive block, then select the Fuzz Pi, it was incredible!
With the neck p.u. very sweet tones on the treble strings further up the neck plus an almost blocking distortion/sputtering effect increasing as I went lower on the bass notes.
It was rather amusing when I read from a couple of you guys [can't recall if it's this thread] that Cliff may get this Quantum thingy so advanced we'll actually eventually be plugging into real amps owned by Fractal.
Can you imagine if the following happened?
'*Release notes for Quantum 16.05*
Fixed bug where user ends up plugging into Line6 Spider instead of 100w Plexi.' ;)

I have a Mark II and haven't been on the forum in quite a while, and haven't updated since the 1st quantum. If I'm going to update to 5.02, do I update the preset banks first or the firmware, or does it even matter? Thanks

I have a Mark II and haven't been on the forum in quite a while, and haven't updated since the 1st quantum. If I'm going to update to 5.02, do I update the preset banks first or the firmware, or does it even matter? Thanks
You should start with the firmware update.

And don't forget to do a full backup first.

I can't find a parameter for speakersize - did you mean the Room Size?

EDIT: Silly me - I've found it. ;)

It was in axe edit under one of the pages I just tried it to see what happened and liked it better it GROWED UP REAL BIG LIKE..
LOL

IT GOT ALL BIGGER..

Stop messing with those knobs NO
STOP FIDDLING ABOUT NO
I MEAN IT GET OUT OF THERE AND QUIT FIDGETING ABOUT
NO

I will try both those speakers now...

I had to go in and add a 3 band eq passive or console post power amp
and add some mids and treble and lower some bass out there too in order to get
my pickups to open up some.. When I did that with the Hook amp everything seemed to get better for me..

using the at 100 andy timmons guitars and maybe a strat with single coils..
mostly I play the at 100s one for standard tuning and one for Eb tuning
so doing that tweek and placing eq post power amp and 3 band seems to
take the wool off my pickups where they sound how I want..

This works on other amps for these guitars too so I will just keep that in mind when things seem muddy...

It is after all my bar of soap. hehehe

I had to go in and add a 3 band eq passive or console post power amp
and add some mids and treble and lower some bass out there too in order to get
my pickups to open up some.. When I did that with the Hook amp everything seemed to get better for me..

Yeah... I put mostly a 5 Band Passiv GEQ before the amp it helps me to get it more sounding alive.

Last edited:
Just got back from rehearsal, was on 5.01 (didn't have time to update to 5.02). Sounded absolutely killer. I was running 3 marshals a fender and ac30 and everything just sounded right through my CLR.

Would you please post your Preamp Bias setting for a particular amp, one you observed a notable difference?

The patches I tried to move the preamp bias use Capt Hook 3A, Friedman HBE V1, and Fryette D60. If you set it just right the overtones of the note continue on beautifully and die off slowly and the notes don't get choked off prematurely. I have it set between .260-.280 in those amps.

Edit: here is a patch that I changed, not sure if it included the cab I don't know how to save a preset with cab.

Attachments

• Fryette D60.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Really loving this update with the CF compression control.. sounds awesome ,very spongey also loving the drives

Hi Atomicblaze,

What exactly did you set it to in order to get back to the sweet 5.0 sound?

Thanks
Pauly

Thanks, this was really helpful. I adjusted it and the notes are singing like they were in 5.0.

Edit:

OMG I can't believe the tones I am getting now. Thanks so much for the last update.

Back
Top Bottom