Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.01 Firmware Released

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Fixed offset cancellation mistake in amp modeling.

Added “Force Default Version” parameter to Global menu. When set to On this forces a preset to use
the selected Default Modeling Version upon recall.

Rematched PI Fuzz model.

Thanks Cliff.

Wow. I haven't been able to check the last few updates properly. :eek: Just first impressions ... :oops:
There is something good going. And it's moving fast. :D
Cliff & Team, you are crazy. In a very good way. :p

Since I won't be able to rock out before Friday, I resist to install the upate right now, because this wouldn't make much sense. Maybe we're on Q5.03 already then. Hopefully not on Q6 ... :eek: ... But if this has to be, I'm with you. A man's got to do what a man's got to do. o_O:D:p

Well this update just crashed my Axe FX. As soon as I went in the global menu and tried to change the Force Default ON, everything froze up and all the led lights are ON. blank screen too. Tried powercycling and holding down the page left and right and nothing happens...
I'm on an MK2.

Verified. Will be fixed for next release. Was working, somehow got broken.
Hi Cliff, installed the update and noticed the same bug, so I tried to change the default modeling version to see if it was related but as soon as I changed that setting the display and controls got stucked, I couldn't even change preset thru axe-edit. Audio was still working though.
I turned off the unit and when turning it on again It doesn't boot anymore, tried power-cycling several times with no luck :(
Do I need to contact g66 support to have a new eeprom?
Here's what it looks likeDSC_0414.JPG

Well this update just crashed my Axe FX. As soon as I went in the global menu and tried to change the Force Default ON, everything froze up and all the led lights are ON. blank screen too. Tried powercycling and holding down the page left and right and nothing happens...
I'm on an MK2.
Same problem :(
MK1 here

Thank you for continuing to support the Mk 1. Just keeps getting better and better. What a great ride. What a magical creative tool you have provided. I have owned the Mk 1 since 2012 and I can honestly say it is the only piece of music gear I have owned that I have not mastered because of its flexibility, complexity, and massive controller options. This black box just continues to evolve. Being part of this community is beyond words. Didn't mention it actually has made me play more over the years.

I suspect it is indeed..
In the meantime I suggest all MK users to not install this Fw!

Or how about nobody touch the added global parameter until it's been corrected and the new firmware is available to remedy the issue.

Hate you're having trouble! :(

Or how about nobody touch the added global parameter until it's been corrected and the new firmware is available to remedy the issue.

Hate you're having trouble! :(
Probably that would be fine but I wouldn't risk..
I hate that I'll be for a bunch of days (if not weeks) without my axe :(

Probably that would be fine but I wouldn't risk..
I hate that I'll be for a bunch of days (if not weeks) without my axe :(

Yeah, that's a huge bummer! I'd be lost without mine everyday. I upgraded mine before I was aware of the issue. Been playing for almost an hour and it's still running. Granted, I haven't touched the new parameter (til it's fixed).

Back
Top Bottom