Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Public Beta

As I say;
Cliff is a man, who wants to find solutions!
That makes the difference between this and other companies.

Thanks FAS, thanks Cliff!
I'am glad to see, that there is a life behind BootROM limitations ;-)

Axe4Ever
Mike

+1

Radically different is right. There's definitely something wrong with the IIC++ model. I wouldn't say upper mids though, more like low mids/"mid" mids. When you select Latest, the amp model gets a lot darker and really raunchy sounding. It also gets a lot louder.

Oh well, guess I'll roll back to 4.01 beta until Cliff (hopefully) posts a bug fix.

Which amps still need to be adjusted with firmware? Some of the amps like the Hook sound even more amazing with this update, but others sounded a little off when I select current. I will probably just wait for the final release before I tweak any patches.

So this is bad.

Yeah sounds like a fix that just enabled Mark I, Mark II users to get one more update. Hopefully they can continue to remove old patch backwards compatibility up to Quantum 3 or something as needed since we don't need that ability, we can just go though our patches and re-save them to current before upgrading to the new firmware.

MkII Compatible :cool:. I <heart> U, Cliff.

If there wasn't enough space, how'd you manage to make it work?
As per release notes: code allowing backward compatibility for presets created on FW 15.08 or earlier is dropped.

Q5 in favor of not loading presets from a firmware created well over two years ago? That trade off is a no brainer. Thanks for the extra effort FAS!
Yeah sounds like a fix that just enabled Mark I, Mark II users to get one more update.
It fully depends on how much memory it freed and the size of the next update. Depending on how the code is updated some code changes do not increase in size much, if at all, and in some cases can theoretically make a program shorter/smaller (although the trend is inevitably up).

Regardless, it is deeply appreciated by this old skool Mk2 guy.

Last edited:
Wow!! Q5.00 If absolutely incredible!! Just now loaded it(well an hour and a half ago, now I'm late for work):D

Back
Top Bottom