Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

G'day - Yeah I originally purchased the Axe FX specifically for bass, but after a looooong time trying, ended up going with another option. I just use exclusively for guitar now.
Thanks
Pauly

In this universe, all things are bound by the laws of physics. For example, Einstein theorized we can never exceed the speed of light. It is an asymptote we can approach, but never cross. FAS has found a way to break the laws of physics. :)

To the contrary. There is a major contradiction between Einstein's 1905 Special Theory of Relativity and his 1915 General Theory of Relativity. In SR ....nothing can exceed the speed of light. However, in GR....objects can travel at ANY speed above the speed of light.

I take it Cliff goes by General Relativity. ;):)

Was flipping through the drives and got to the 3 knob tube driver and its significantly louder/harsher in the top end than the other blocks I tried. I've used it pre-Q5 and generally enjoyed what I got with it so I'm wondering if this is how its supposed to be or am I experiencing a fluke?

Was flipping through the drives and got to the 3 knob tube driver and its significantly louder/harsher in the top end than the other blocks I tried. I've used it pre-Q5 and generally enjoyed what I got with it so I'm wondering if this is how its supposed to be or am I experiencing a fluke?
My advice: never judge a drive model by the default knob settings. They're usually never great, set at noon like that. That being said, the 3-knob is definitely a hairy beast than the 4-knob model.

My advice: never judge a drive model by the default knob settings. They're usually never great, set at noon like that. That being said, the 3-knob is definitely a hairy beast than the 4-knob model.
having fiddled with it some I realize its a different thing entirely from what I was used to, its got a way more open sound to it now than I'm used to. I like it though, lots of sizzle to it for lead work

Is. 5.01 going to change the Hooks at all? I have the beta still and from what I gather the gain settings across the models aren't right. Is this correct?

To the contrary. There is a major contradiction between Einstein's 1905 Special Theory of Relativity and his 1915 General Theory of Relativity. In SR ....nothing can exceed the speed of light. However, in GR....objects can travel at ANY speed above the speed of light.

There is no contradiction, GR allows for "apparent FTL". Basically, this boils down to distortion of space-time allowing an object to use a short-cut to move between two points in less time than light would take to travel taking the normal route. But the object never actually moves FTL. Examples of this would be wormholes, or the Star Trek "Warp" drive.

Is. 5.01 going to change the Hooks at all? I have the beta still and from what I gather the gain settings across the models aren't right. Is this correct?

from what I read they will change.. tone wise, not sure about levels. earlier he said to use the level to level the channels out.

I don't update often enough or have good enough speakers/ears to notice the little differences here and there between firmwares...but I did get sucked in for about an hour last night playing around with the new amps. Another MkII customer happy to still be along for the ride:)

As a user of the TS-808 model as my primary overdriven sound I have to say: the changes are really excellent. Thank you!

Ian, me as well. I use the 808 OD. What changes do you notice? Is there a little less gain perhaps using older settings from say FW 4.0? I know something is different but I can't put my finger on it. It's not a bad different, just a "different" different.

Ian, me as well. I use the 808 OD. What changes do you notice? Is there a little less gain perhaps using older settings from say FW 4.0? I know something is different but I can't put my finger on it. It's not a bad different, just a "different" different.
It's just not as raspy and the trailing edge is bang on with how my TS sounds now. Previously the trailing edge of a held note would decay in this odd way.

I got hooked by the Hook. What an beautyfull, warm and screaming tone this amp sim has got. Many thanks to the great dutch guitarist Richard Hallebeek, who owns this amp and made it possible to be one of the over 250 amps now in the Axe FX II. This Preset was created by Richard Hallebeek the way he uses his real Hook amp aswell.

Exactly. The main goal of the improved algorithms was to match the decay characteristics, edge of breakup, etc.

I'm really loving the drives in 5.0, the ruckus is such a cool pedal for adding grit to a cranked Marshall. It doesn't seem to have the mid hump that the TS has which I like a lot! But stick the TS in front of a fender and it pushes it in all the right ways.

Back
Top Bottom