Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Hi Cliff;

Here I am again; a bit off topic from your hint.
I just started the AxeFx and called up the Layout menu.
Then I was wondering, what I had to see ;-)
The block array shows a lot of empty block icons at all places,
which are not filled with a concrete block like amp, cab or something else.

I don't remember exactly (Thank you Axe-Edit ;-), but I'm rather sure,
that in earlier firmware versions, all shunts have been pictured only by a simple line.
Isn't that right?
Or am I wrong?

Best regards
Mike

Oh, I forgot ...
AxeFx II MKII
Firmware 5.00 Release
You can use preset 384 that already has the shunts in place and then save your created preset wherever you want.

Okay, 5.01 is just stupid good sounding. I can't believe how much difference that little fix made. Depends on the model to some degree but the Rectos chug and the Marshalls purr and kerannggg. A/B'ing with Q4.xx and it's subtle but obvious. 4.xx goes shhhhzzzzzz while 5.01 goes grrrrrrrrrrr.

I never really liked the Brit JVM models but in 5.01 they're addictive. Pick squeaks and pinch harmonics just jump off the fretboard.
I'm ready for stupid good. Hook up a Fractal junkie.

Okay, 5.01 is just stupid good sounding. I can't believe how much difference that little fix made. Depends on the model to some degree but the Rectos chug and the Marshalls purr and kerannggg. A/B'ing with Q4.xx and it's subtle but obvious. 4.xx goes shhhhzzzzzz while 5.01 goes grrrrrrrrrrr.

I never really liked the Brit JVM models but in 5.01 they're addictive. Pick squeaks and pinch harmonics just jump off the fretboard.

Officially chomping at the bit to try this out! :)

I can't wait to try, so cool!!!!

lol thumb up !

Hi Richard;

What you describe is exactly what I felt.
And I'm very impressed, how it sounds with your Suhr (it's a Suhr, am I right?).
As I already said; A tone like "September Man" from Philip :)
He even often played hollow body's.

And you've got to the heart of it, man!

That's the information I've also expected >> TC Compressor (not exactly TC, but...).
The typical pick attack in that tone.
As I heard the song for the first time, I thought by myself "It can't be only the guitar and the amp ...".

It's (the compressor) a "must have" for that sweet jazzy notes, who are telling sentimentally little storys ...
I even agree with Steve;
Tears are part of this storys ... ;-)

I had a similar tone with a Komet 60 preset and a very light detuning by a pitch transposer.
The amp block in the AxeFx additionally provides a Pick Attack parameter.
So I don't need a separate compressor.
Paired with a '56 Les Paul Gold Top with P90's ...
Sweet sounding ...

But I think, it's time to test the Hook ;-)

CU next time!
I have to hear the video once again ;-)

Mike
Thanks Mike, and good luck testing the Hook! ;-)

I hope for the Hook guys in IJsselstein, Holland, this will help get their name out and boost the sales of the amp. It's happened in the past also for other amps builders who got their amps added to the Axe FX range of models. I've been playing the Hook amp live since 2008 and never looked for anything else. Beautiful responsive amp with a classic three channel configuration any player can relate to. The amp also has a trick on the clean channel: pull the gain knob out and the whole EQ section of the clean channel is bypassed. So guitar goes straight to the tube power amp. Add a nice chorus in the loop of the amp or in front with some delay and you won't believe your ears how nice clean that sounds.

I'm playing that channel live right here:

That was off the "hook" :)

Seriously, what a beautiful piece of music and really great tone.

Just finished installing 5.00 10m ago than sow this....
I think FW 5.00 will have the most shortest FW run on my machine ever…:D

Cool sir !, I'm jazzed about it :).

Back
Top Bottom