Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

It wouldn't be surprising to see HOOK Amps sales go through the roof just because of FAS Modeling.
I hope for the Hook guys in IJsselstein, Holland, this will help get their name out and boost the sales of the amp. It's happened in the past also for other amps builders who got their amps added to the Axe FX range of models. I've been playing the Hook amp live since 2008 and never looked for anything else. Beautiful responsive amp with a classic three channel configuration any player can relate to. The amp also has a trick on the clean channel: pull the gain knob out and the whole EQ section of the clean channel is bypassed. So guitar goes straight to the tube power amp. Add a nice chorus in the loop of the amp or in front with some delay and you won't believe your ears how nice clean that sounds.

I'm playing that channel live right here:

Last edited:
Launch FracTool, click the batch setter tab.
Select the amp block, the modeling version parameter, the latest value.
Select a preset range to apply to. Hit the button, it will cycle thru the preset range and set the value and save each preset

Woah. I didn't know FracTool could do this. Thanks for such a great program!

I hope for the Hook guys in IJsselstein, Holland, this will help get their name out and boost the sales of the amp. It's happened in the past also for other amps builders who got their amps added to the Axe FX range of models. I've been playing the Hook amp live since 2008 and never looked for anything else. Beautiful responsive amp with a classic three channel configuration any player can relate to. The amp also has a trick on the clean channel: pull the gain knob out and the whole EQ section of the clean channel is bypassed. So guitar goes straight to the tube power amp. Add a nice chorus in the loop of the amp or in front with some delay and you won't believe your ears how nice clean that sounds.

I'm playing that channel live right here:

Great Rick!
Soulful and expressive ;-)
I like that very much.

The sound reminds me of Philip Catherine and
sometimes Jan Akkerman.
I think I'll try the Hook with Cliffs tips to set the
tonestack.

Kind regards
Mike

Did anyone else have all their preamp settings reset by this firmware. I had many presets setup for Q5 beta and this new firmware set everything back to Q4, all pre tubes to 12AX7A and no harmonics.

I thought this had been fixed or is this my own personal demon. Fixing all this presets manually is getting so tiresome....

I keep raving about the Hook 1A and I'll stop being so "vocal" about it, but I played on it for about 6 hours last night. Never changed presets (only slight changes to EQ, etc.) the whole time. Usually I'll take a break and play some high gain stuff. It will very likely become my favorite aside from the ODS-100. Cliff, your middle name should have been "the gift that keeps on giving"...lol

Great Rick!
Soulful and expressive ;-)
I like that very much.

The sound reminds me of Philip Catherine and
sometimes Jan Akkerman.
I think I'll try the Hook with Cliffs tips to set the
tonestack.

Kind regards
Mike

Thanks, I was going for a hollow body type sound. I always found it very hard to get a nice real clean sound from a tube amp since there always seems to be some break up from the tubes that are working. But with the Hook and the 'pull' gain knob on the clean channel to bypass the EQ, the tone gets really nice clean, but still big sounding. The amp also has a lot of headroom. I added a TC Hypergravity compressor in front of the amp to compress it a bit. It worked well with the piano and Steve Vai who was in the audience mentioned the tune it brought tears to his eyes, so job well done hopefully ;-)

Cliff & Co.: - so grateful that you put in the extra effort and additional work to allow us Mark I users (CC serial number, -2#28) to enjoy this latest FW (5.0). Got home from out of town, loaded 5.0, then played the Private Halloween Party we were booked for last night. Q5.0 was balanced, sat perfectly in the mix, had more more definition and separation, and responded to my playing/dynamics in a special, natural way. The USA IIc++ was just stellar, and I think I played better because I sound better. Thanks again for the chance to continue on the journey a little while longer... until I can purchase an XL+ at least!

Back
Top Bottom