Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Fractal Cat says...
Fractal%20Cat%20Quantum%205.jpg

...Life is good!

Nice! There's some wonderful stuff in this release:

- My go-to Small Box preset is fatter and chewier. I immediately noticed the highs are sweeter. I don't need to be as aggressive with the High Cut as I used to.

- Capt Hook is so thick and rich, in all six flavors. And the new channels are easier to tame since the public beta.

- The Drive blocks integrate more sweetly with the Amp block, to the point where it's killed my taste for outboard dirt boxes.

Well freakin' done!

Grateful Mark I user here :)! Thanks a million Cliff :) WIll update from 5.0 Beta to official release tonight.

I will jump into the magic box, and try my new Q5 engine!

but without "wheels" this time^^

ThankUC&FAS_Q5_LD.png

Ruckus Rock !
Thanks for all!!!!

I think the very best thing is the fact, Cliff is really back!
And thanks for the improvements!

Thanks Cliff & FAS!

As a Axe FX MKII user I'm really greatful for the decision to cut backwards compatibility for FW15 in favour of a release for MK1/2 users!
Like most people on this forum I do not use old presets and I myself alway's keep up with the goodies from new FW releases (also beta).

I love the fact and really really appreciate the fact that you took time and effort to bypass the MKL1/2 Boot Rom issue and I really hope that we can keep up a few FW releases with new goodies (either amps or stomps or new blocks).

FWQ5: Great job & super new goodies!

- I totally DIG and love the 6 HOOK channels (which I otherwise would have missed!) and these are today my GoToAmps
- Played a lot of with the Marshall JVM, JS410, Plexi, HBE and the are again better in Q5
- I did not always like some of the drives but they seem now much better and with all possibilities and flexibilities I'm sure I can match my needs
- Same the amps I use to play Dreamtheater & Metallica have been improved (and some again with this FW)

With Q5 I have started with a fully BLANK AXE FX and started FULLY from SCRATCH and really notice and felt that I need less or even no deep tweaks to get a great sound I like and really get Tube Amp breakings and behaviour which I did not expect from a digital piece of equipment. (the old boss, line6 modellers NEVER did it for me).

Again:

Thanks for bypassing the Boot Rom space issue for my AXE FX 2 MKII
Hope the goodies will keep coming (especially Bass Amps & FX stomps)

Hi,

As there have been some FW updates and I have started from scratch (fully empty and clean system) I wonder if in due time the factory presets will be updated from Q2.01 to Q5? As modelling has changed quite a few times and also some new amps. I would be very interested.

upload_2016-10-22_12-19-48.png
If possible and very usefull it would be great if the AMP example presets would be 5 Scene examples with clean, crunch, rhythm, heavy, solo

Hi,

As there have been some FW updates and I have started from scratch (fully empty and clean system) I wonder if in due time the factory presets will be updated from Q2.01 to Q5? As modelling has changed quite a few times and also some new amps. I would be very interested.

View attachment 35753
If possible and very usefull it would be great if the AMP example presets would be 5 Scene examples with clean, crunch, rhythm, heavy, solo

In my opinion, that sounds like a waste of time for FAS. Not saying it isn't a good suggestion though. Then again, maybe they will update them.

Should we reset or deselect block for Marshall-ish or anything else amp before this update?

Is there a way to change once all the presets on LATEST?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom