Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

I just reported this to FAS. It's definitely FW related, but not THIS (5.0) FW release. I get it really strong using FW 2.0 via knob in pre-amp, which is my goto setting. For me, it's more a high gain sort of thing. I got it in 2 amps religiously without using drive blocks.

@Toopy14 I've not been able to get it out of the amp you use even messing with different FW options and harmonic values. At least we sort of know what bring brings it on. It may be a few things. But it's been reported. :)

I didn't get to install q5 beta but just loaded the release and it sounds awesome. The distortion character, amp compression, fuller bodied and chimes without harshness. I love it.

One thing I noticed is that the Brit ASF100 1 sounds strange - much different than I remembered it? possible bug? everything else sounds and feels amazing

Thanks Cliff!!!!

I didn't get to install q5 beta but just loaded the release and it sounds awesome. The distortion character, amp compression, fuller bodied and chimes without harshness. I love it.

One thing I noticed is that the Brit ASF100 1 sounds strange - much different than I remembered it? possible bug? everything else sounds and feels amazing

Thanks Cliff!!!!

Sounds fine to me. Change the modeling version and see how it sounds.

Fractal Secret Formula...
1. Hang clock
2. Hit head
3. Revelation
------------------
Firmware update

Thanks for the relentless pursuit!

Last edited:
I just reported this to FAS. It's definitely FW related, but not THIS (5.0) FW release. I get it really strong using FW 2.0 via knob in pre-amp, which is my goto setting. For me, it's more a high gain sort of thing. I got it in 2 amps religiously without using drive blocks.

That is really cool that you figured out the source of the problem, I was usually just avoiding amps that made the crackling sound. I am glad there is an easy fix.

That is really cool that you figured out the source of the problem, I was usually just avoiding amps that made the crackling sound. I am glad there is an easy fix.

What amps are you hearing it? I checked nearly every amp and didn't hear it. Note that you should NOT use the harmonics parameter with Version 2.00 modeling.

Cliff, Toopy14 hears it in the AC 30 TB. Default for latest is 0.750 which is what he uses. He dropped it to 0 and it fixed his issue. I can't replicate it on this end.

@AtomicBlaze you mentioned hearing it on the 800, right? It's not the 800 MOD is it? I've been sitting here testing. This only seems to happen for me with FW 2.0 enabled. If you guys are experiencing this with any other amp and FW setting, you got Cliff himself in this thread. Hook him up with as much info as possible. :)

I can only make this artifact happen using the 2.0 FW option. No other amps does it using any other FW option for me.

Cliff, Toopy14 hears it in the AC 30 TB. Default for latest is 0.750 which is what he uses. He dropped it to 0 and it fixed his issue. I can't replicate it on this end.

@AtomicBlaze you mentioned hearing it on the 800, right? It's not the 800 MOD is it? I've been sitting here testing. This only seems to happen for me with FW 2.0 enabled. If you guys are experiencing this with any other amp and FW setting, you got Cliff himself in this thread. Hook him up with as much info as possible. :)

I can only make this artifact happen using the 2.0 FW option. No other amps does it using any other FW option for me.

I can't replicate it either.

I'll say it one more time:
DO NOT USE THE HARMONICS PARAMETER WITH V2.00 MODELING. THAT PARAMETER WAS INTRODUCED AFTER 2.00 AND IS ****INCOMPATIBLE***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff said it was never designed to be used with 2.0 firmware...

I hear it in the AC30TB. [Edit]...firmware Q5 release.

I'll try it again with another set of headphones, but it did appear to disappear when I turned the Harmonics down to 0.000.

I will create a patch with the JCM 800 that has it can I send it to you?
Best thing you can do now is record a clip so we can hear what you hear. Post a preset so we can try what you're trying.

Back
Top Bottom