• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Rex

Legend!
Nice! There's some wonderful stuff in this release:

- My go-to Small Box preset is fatter and chewier. I immediately noticed the highs are sweeter. I don't need to be as aggressive with the High Cut as I used to.

- Capt Hook is so thick and rich, in all six flavors. And the new channels are easier to tame since the public beta.

- The Drive blocks integrate more sweetly with the Amp block, to the point where it's killed my taste for outboard dirt boxes.

Well freakin' done!

soheil

Forum Addict
Grateful Mark I user here :)! Thanks a million Cliff :) WIll update from 5.0 Beta to official release tonight.

nikk©

Inspired
I will jump into the magic box, and try my new Q5 engine!

but without "wheels" this time^^

ThankUC&FAS_Q5_LD.png

Ruckus Rock !
Thanks for all!!!!

Hofi

Inspired
I think the very best thing is the fact, Cliff is really back!
And thanks for the improvements!

musicman0001

Inspired
Thanks Cliff & FAS!

As a Axe FX MKII user I'm really greatful for the decision to cut backwards compatibility for FW15 in favour of a release for MK1/2 users!
Like most people on this forum I do not use old presets and I myself alway's keep up with the goodies from new FW releases (also beta).

I love the fact and really really appreciate the fact that you took time and effort to bypass the MKL1/2 Boot Rom issue and I really hope that we can keep up a few FW releases with new goodies (either amps or stomps or new blocks).

FWQ5: Great job & super new goodies!

- I totally DIG and love the 6 HOOK channels (which I otherwise would have missed!) and these are today my GoToAmps
- Played a lot of with the Marshall JVM, JS410, Plexi, HBE and the are again better in Q5
- I did not always like some of the drives but they seem now much better and with all possibilities and flexibilities I'm sure I can match my needs
- Same the amps I use to play Dreamtheater & Metallica have been improved (and some again with this FW)

With Q5 I have started with a fully BLANK AXE FX and started FULLY from SCRATCH and really notice and felt that I need less or even no deep tweaks to get a great sound I like and really get Tube Amp breakings and behaviour which I did not expect from a digital piece of equipment. (the old boss, line6 modellers NEVER did it for me).

Again:

Thanks for bypassing the Boot Rom space issue for my AXE FX 2 MKII
Hope the goodies will keep coming (especially Bass Amps & FX stomps)

musicman0001

Inspired
Hi,

As there have been some FW updates and I have started from scratch (fully empty and clean system) I wonder if in due time the factory presets will be updated from Q2.01 to Q5? As modelling has changed quite a few times and also some new amps. I would be very interested.

upload_2016-10-22_12-19-48.png
If possible and very usefull it would be great if the AMP example presets would be 5 Scene examples with clean, crunch, rhythm, heavy, solo

Lifestalker

Inspired
Hi,

As there have been some FW updates and I have started from scratch (fully empty and clean system) I wonder if in due time the factory presets will be updated from Q2.01 to Q5? As modelling has changed quite a few times and also some new amps. I would be very interested.

View attachment 35753
If possible and very usefull it would be great if the AMP example presets would be 5 Scene examples with clean, crunch, rhythm, heavy, solo
In my opinion, that sounds like a waste of time for FAS. Not saying it isn't a good suggestion though. Then again, maybe they will update them.

Konstantin

Inspired
Should we reset or deselect block for Marshall-ish or anything else amp before this update?

Is there a way to change once all the presets on LATEST?

Last edited:
Top Bottom