Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

I mentioned this in the Q5.0b thread, I believe, but I'm definitely getting some sort of crackling or clipping that I wasn't getting with previous firmware versions. I'm using the same preset I've been using for a while, set to latest. CPU is at 74% and the clipping light is not coming on.

I also checked to see if there's static on the pick-guard and there isn't...don't hear anything if I stop playing and rub the pick-guard.

I'm using the following chain;

Strat -> FET Preamp -> Delay -> AC30TB -> Cab -> Reverb.

I tried bypassing the FET Preamp and I still get the same result.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar with Q5?

Reactions: JT2
I mentioned this in the Q5.0b thread, I believe, but I'm definitely getting some sort of crackling or clipping that I wasn't getting with previous firmware versions. I'm using the same preset I've been using for a while, set to latest. CPU is at 74% and the clipping light is not coming on.

I also checked to see if there's static on the pick-guard and there isn't...don't hear anything if I stop playing and rub the pick-guard.

I'm using the following chain;

Strat -> FET Preamp -> Delay -> AC30TB -> Cab -> Reverb.

I tried bypassing the FET Preamp and I still get the same result.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar with Q5?

Upload the preset.

thanks a lot for the new drive types, totally realistic stompbox sound for me.
certainly a stupid question but did the other drive types will be updated in the next release?

Applying the update right now … Thank you again Cliff and team FAS!

It never ceases to amaze me how much fun both playing this box can be as well as enjoying incredible factory support like no other manufacturer that I've ever experienced.

"It's boxy but it's good!" (old movie quote - 800 bonus points if you know which (without cheating))

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom