Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Presets always work, just might need tweaked. I've never not been able to make something work, only one time but it was a bug that got fixed.

It's been clarified on multiple occasions what is meant by backwards compatible within the context of presets, though the term 'forward compatible' may be more apropos.

Last edited:
Don't sweat it and thumbs up for the kind word. Almost any strongly worded or passionate post sounds like pure hatred on the interwebz. Sometimes I'll post something when I am hungry, in a hurry, or haven't had coffee, whatever and I'll go back and just be like oh man that sounded way worse than I meant it. I'm sure IRL this would all be done over beers and spirited camaraderie; so no personal offense taken or intended. I think all us old timers here have faith that FAS will do right by us as long as it is feasible/practical.

You the man, zenaxe! Beers on me.

As a happy mk1 user i was already expecting the future upgrades would stop in the near future (they are not yet stopped...). I am voting for extra lifespan, i hardly use the older firmware possibilities. But if not possible, Fine. Still happy customer! Thanks to fas for All those Sounds!

In meanwhile i'll be saving for the axe fx3 .. any plans yet, Cliff? Lol.

Please don't be upset at me for asking this (fellow forumites).

I ask this in complete earnest and sincerity as a Fractal Alumnus with few posts ...

Will there be an Axe-Fx lll in the future that expands on the existing platform that we know of as the Axe-Fx ll?

You musst live in Beverly Hills or Wall Street then? ;)
Dare I even say this...
I live in Trump Tower.:p

Anyway, back to what really matters here.

Can we possibly say enough nice things about that HOOK? She pairs beautifully with just about any speaker & cab ya throw at her. Greens, Creams, EV's, 30's, 2x12, 4x12 .. she takes em all & makes em shine.

By gum, it's remarkable.

Last edited:
Please don't be upset at me for asking this (fellow forumites).

I ask this in complete earnest and sincerity as a Fractal Alumnus with few posts ...

Will there be an Axe-Fx lll in the future that expands on the existing platform that we know of as the Axe-Fx ll?

I don't think that this is likely in the near future, the XL and XL+ models still have plenty of room for more FW updates so there is no real basis for an AFX III just yet.

Having said that, FAS are known to be very innovative and might hit us with a nice new "something different" but we won't know when this would happen. The XL model upwards still has a heck of a long life so worth using that for the next few years IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom