Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Geez, you really make a guy dig. I had no idea if this was true:

"Six-string wizard Steve Vai, along with his onetime teacher Joe Satriani, set the standard for rock guitar virtuosity in the '80s. Born on June 6, 1960, and raised in Carle Place, New York, Vai became interested in the guitar via such legendary artists as Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Alice Cooper as a teenager and, upon starting high school, took lessons with an older player from the school, Joe Satriani.
"
http://www.mtv.com/artists/steve-vai/biography/
His town (Carle Place = basically Westbury) is like the next town over from where I grew up. My aunt's neighbors went to high school with him and his sister.

The Hook is simply killer. Very easy to get an AC/DC vibe out of it. Great crunch plus clarity. I've been on the firmware ride since version 7 - if this is the end, I'm more than pleased. When I bought the Axe, I was deciding between this or a high-end amp. It came down to "do I want one amp / one sound or lots of sounds" so I chose this and couldn't be happier. If it's possible to "offload" an unused amp sim for a new one, great. If not, no biggie. Either way this is still the best sounding processor on the planet.

Sorry, but I would understand it if the complete architecture has changed. A lack of flash memory is a design problem in my opinion. This mistake was done in the past, when the Mk1 was designed and now the users have to pay for it. Not the best regarding the reputation for a company like FAS.
Tell your story walkin' kid.

I'm betting the code to run the modeling algorithms dwarfs the amount of space required to store the parameter table for each amp, but I could well be very wrong about that. There is then the problem of linking this stuff dynamically - at what memory address is the parameter table for the Brit 800?
I just have great ideas. I don't do 1's and 0's.

The fractal teams hard work to try to keep everyone happy is beyond great customer service in this day and time. I have had a guitar rack of some kind or another since the gsp 21. Cliff and his team work hard and kick ass over any other company "trying" to do the same thing. If I have to buy new hardware to continue to get more updates I will. And I will be happy to continue supporting fractal audio.

Thanks

The fractal teams hard work to try to keep everyone happy is beyond great customer service in this day and time. I have had a guitar rack of some kind or another since the gsp 21. Cliff and his team work hard and kick ass over any other company "trying" to do the same thing. If I have to buy new hardware to continue to get more updates I will. And I will be happy to continue supporting fractal audio.

Thanks

I owned a Digitech 2120 for 8 years and obviously we never got that kind of treatment. I could dial in some excellent tones. The help and support, customer involvement, and constant updates from FAS is amazing and sets them apart from the rest. Makes me very happy to be a part of the FAS family.

Hmmm I wonder if it's feasible to swap out the boot rom and provide a download with whatever is necessary for it to run but
not include any of the older amps? (Just thinking out loud here) so the users could swap them in and out and load whatever they need.
Personally there are a lot of amps I never have any intention of using that have been around for a long time.
Losing those on a new download and loading a separate Rom and getting "newer amps/ modeling" choice may extend the life of the Mark I/II longer.
I don't even know if this is possible from FAS , I do know swapping out the ROM is no big deal to do.
Kind of like a "Vintage Down Load" and a Current download. The Rom itself is not expensive.
Like I said , just thinking out loud here.

Given the constant and tireless level of support Fractal Audio has provided over the years, I have every reason to believe they would continue to support the MK I/II if it were feasible.

Can't believe And-y's comments. As a Mark II owner, if this is the end of updates for me I have nothing but gratitude for all the amazing updates I've received from Cliff and team over the years. Just hope I can always use Axe Edit and the last firmware is bug free.

Well, looks like its time to offload my trusty MK II and get an XL+. I still feel like this thing has saved me thousands of dollars since I got it back in 2013. Won't hurt to give Fractal a bit more money, they've earned more than pretty much any other company I can think of.

Can't believe And-y's comments. As a Mark II owner, if this is the end of updates for me I have nothing but gratitude for all the amazing updates I've received from Cliff and team over the years. Just hope I can always use Axe Edit and the last firmware is bug free.
Don't worry about that guy. There's still a lot of happy ultra owners out there in the world.

Back
Top Bottom