Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!

Installed Q4 last night. Didn't have time to mess with it. But I did
go to Adv tab using the front panel to set a couple of my main patches to "latest'.

On mine, the patches default to latest (I was at Q3.03 prior), so I did not
have to change them. BTW, I did not see an Adv tab on Axe-Edit under
the Amp block. Is the setting not available in Axe-Edit, or am I blind?

Awesome!

Installed Q4 last night. Didn't have time to mess with it. But I did
go to Adv tab using the front panel to set a couple of my main patches to "latest'.

On mine, the patches default to latest (I was at Q3.03 prior), so I did not
have to change them. BTW, I did not see an Adv tab on Axe-Edit under
the Amp block. Is the setting not available in Axe-Edit, or am I blind?
It's under the preamp tab.

Bassman About 2 Explode is usually where I go first when Cliff says "power amp overdrive" in his release notes.

Left channel is Q3.xx, right channel is Q4.00b1 (LATEST).

The difference, when I was playing, really felt considerable to me. The high end content felt a little tamer and sweeter sounding on LATEST.

Clips were recorded with just the amp and cab block in the preset enabled, everything else was bypassed.

tested on my favorite plexi100w jmp amp, i love it!
more harmonics, dyn and definition when you roll off the guitar volume knob.
one more time, thanks Cliff :)

I just download and tried - you cab hear a real difference when you switch your own presets from fw 3.03 to "Latest". More full and ringing, sustain and harmonics :D

Sounds different in beta 4.0 - I´ve made a comparison with studio one ande Plexi 50W High 2 with gain on 4 and around 7- less bass, less sustain at the first moment. The amps have got less gain? But the more you play it sounds better, even faster - more realistic? Don´t know....but if I switch Preamp to latest - I can´t hear any difference.........mmh

IMO - 3.03 sounds better with single coil PU, more fate.

...if I switch Preamp to latest - I can´t hear any difference.........mmh
Make two identical presets: one with Modelling (in the preamp block, not the Global modeling parameter) set to 3.x, one one set to Latest. Crank up the volume so you can hear and feel the difference. Then switch back and forth between the two. It's not a huge difference, but it's a real difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom