Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Firmware Release

they typically send an email confirming you're on the list (which I received) then when a product is available you'll receive another email with a link to purchase.
They are available at times , but don't last long, it's a bit difficult to snag one!

I'm on vacation in Playa del Carmen and I'm still checking the forum. What's wrong with me?!?!? The waves wore me out and now I'm checking in. You guys are so exciting today! I was just explaining to my wife how cool it is that AlGrenadine made this program that let's us all share presets between the different Fractal units, she was amazed. Anyway, loving Q4 and was just hoping I could get lucky and find that it's now available for the Ax8 as well. Peace!
Welcome to México!!

To me Q4.00 somehow pronounces the mids and highs a bit compared to earlier FWs (or its the missing harsh outer ends of the bandwith that let the mids seem to be boostet). Since I already did boost these using pre amp and post amp PEQs and GEQs my presets sound to midrangy when I set the modeling to latest.
I could flat some EQs and make it work, but I guess it's even better to start over with all reset EQs and all reset amp blocks. That'll be some work, who knows, but maybe there's some great sounds that I will find.

Some of the old factory presets that were ok to me before became really great now, so it for sure is a great update.

i'd say about 25% of the Support questions i get are due to not understanding how a computer works. many people are getting their first computers ever with their Fractal gear.

Man, I had no idea. On the one hand, that's cool; quite a commitment (and a leap of faith, I suppose) on the part of the customer. On the other hand, that's a lot of hand-holding.

Wait. That was sarcasm? Oops. Looks like it's time to recalibrate my sarc-o-meter. ;)

The more-all majority may differ on this (do they not know that the 'man' behind the curtain is really the men behind Windows? - I do not know). But automatic updates were always a bit of a strange phenomenon to me. I've always been into pushing things; i.e.into doing things 'my way', like creating 3d render farms on no budget and multi-tasking half a dozen things at once and so on. At that level of novel use I find it best not to focus on ultimate convenience; and best not to force programmers to accommodate and predict my moves - weird crashes or being prevented from turning a unit off suddenly when rushing to the airport have been best avoided by having user control - and responsibility. Its sort of an ancient concept, from when we were people first and machine-users second. Used to be called something, I forget. Oh yes, it used to be called independence.

Wow, I hope after I sleep I'm not still this sarcastic. (If the auto-updates over Wi-Fi were to occur though, Cliff could be creative and engineer some threatening screen upon final countdown, akin to the melt faces screen, but on a system-threatening level, to ensure battery backup unit is on, and no homeless man is outside my apartment where the building manager has allowed easy access to the breaker box - I'm not kidding - one actually switched it off on me a few months back (as witnessed by the neighbors) (- the other anomaly is that the last battery backup unit failed on me unpredictably - if you're into protecting your gear from sudden power loss, make sure you get a battery backup unit with some sort of indicator of health.)

not talking about amp types. Talking about being able to select the "modeling version" == 4.0 in an existing preset

not talking about amp types. Talking about being able to select the "modeling version" == 4.0 in an existing preset

Yes it is in the lower right corner of the amp block preamp page for AxeEdit.

Since the change was to the value of a pick list in the editor, that comes without an update to AxeEdit itself (IIRC the values are in the firmware).

Man, I KNOW how to open Axe-Edit. WHERE is the Pre-Amp TAB???? I click on a PATCH. I am using 44 BRIT JVM OD2. Do I click the AMP Picture (Block), then it opens and has Tabs for Basic GEO Speaker Dynamics Power Tone Other.

What the heck do I click to get to Pre-Amp and be able to SWAP between Latest setting PLEASE??? Thanks in advance. I re-read many posts but they said it's in lower right on the pre-amp tab???

Then I went to front panel, and went to PRE on my actual Axe-FX II, and didn't see anything that said Latest?

Last edited:
Man, I KNOW how to open Axe-Edit. WHERE is the Pre-Amp TAB???? I click on a PATCH. I am using 44 BRIT JVM OD2. Do I click the AMP Picture (Block), then it opens and has Tabs for Basic GEO Speaker Dynamics Power Tone Other.

What the heck do I click to get to Pre-Amp and be able to SWAP between Latest setting PLEASE??? Thanks in advance. I re-read many posts but they said it's in lower right on the pre-amp tab???
in the Amp block, click Preamp. then look on the lower right for Modeling version.
version.png

Back
Top Bottom