Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Firmware Release

Ah. I thought that maintaining the version of origin part was new to this firmware, so I got why some of them were at 3.0x, but the fact that some of them were set to 2.0x was really throwing me off.

I may be wrong, I just updated all my presets from Q3.03 and half were set to Q3.xx and half were LATEST. I was using AxeEdit.

Read the release notes.

I did read the release notes which is why my questions were based on the release notes. Like I said, my last presets used q3.xx and now they're using latest. I thought, based on the release notes, that I'd have to switch to "latest" to be using the firmware. Also, can I use the latest firmware even while the global is set differently? Thanks

No animosity here cliff, just honestly confused. Thanks for all your hard work. You grant me a LOT of fun!

I upgraded to 4.00 then entered the global menu & rolled the modelling version from "LATEST" to "Q2.00" and back to "LATEST". Axe Edit & the front panel show all my presets with "LATEST" as the modelling version. According to the release notes, if I'm reading them correctly, that shouldn't happen.

If the preset was originally created before the option to select the Modeling Version it will be set to Latest. IOW older presets may be set to latest depending upon how old they are. Prior to firmware version Quantum 3.00 you could not select the Modeling Version so any presets created prior to that firmware will be set to Latest.

Thanks so much for offering up this versioning option Cliff. I personally use 'latest' for everything myself, but the fact that you bend over backwards to meet the needs of the user base speaks volumes about your attention to customer requirements. So rare these days and hence so much appreciated.

I am trying the latest version with my favorite Fremen Supertweed 5SC patch, and the patch actually sounds quite a bit different when I change to the latest modeling version, like the notes lack definition and don't have the same character they did before. I increased the preamp Definition and that seems to make it close to how it sounded on the previous firmware.

I am trying the latest version with my favorite Fremen Supertweed 5SC patch, and the patch actually sounds quite a bit different when I change to the latest modeling version, like the notes lack definition and don't have the same character they did before. I increased the preamp Definition and that seems to make it close to how it sounded on the previous firmware.

If you don't like it that's why there is the option to use the previous version.

I had to tweak 3-6 other perimeters on my presets updated to beta 4 but comparing to original preset, they sound and feel noticeably better! Can't wait to gig with them!

To be honest, my comment about the long silence was "fas is now satisfied with axe fx ii, so they must be working on axe fx iii instead of new firmware"..

Back
Top Bottom