Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Firmware Release

Anyone have the release notes they can post for the official release, please? I'm still at work and eager to see the details on what's new. :)

Hate to be this guy but I noticed my global amp does not retain the modeling version. Not sure if its always been this way or not.

I thought that I would have to switch the firmware to "latest" but u didn't need to once it was installed?

Also, I don't get how I can adjust the firmware settings in the amp block as well as in the global menu- especially when they can both be latest or q3.xx at the same time? Why not just have it in one place and which one over rides the other? Thanks in advance

-mg

I thought that I would have to switch the firmware to "latest" but u didn't need to once it was installed?

Also, I don't get how I can adjust the firmware settings in the amp block as well as in the global menu- especially when they can both be latest or q3.xx at the same time? Why not just have it in one place and which one over rides the other? Thanks in advance

-mg

Read the release notes.

Is there anyway to retroactively switch all presets to "latest"?

I have had my global modeling on Latest all along, but when I went into my presets to make sure they were set correctly, I discovered a bunch were set to 3.0x and even 2.0x. Not sure how that happened, but it'd be cool to be sure that I'd set all of them how I want without having to go through everything.

whoa ... just getting ready to update with the beta and ... blamo!!! ... there is the production release ...

Same here. I have my laptop connected to my Axe-Fx and was just checking the forum before loading the firmware in case there was a second beta posted or anything. Wasn't expecting the release version already.

Thanks Cliff.

Is there anyway to retroactively switch all presets to "latest"?

I have had my global modeling on Latest all along, but when I went into my presets to make sure they were set correctly, I discovered a bunch were set to 3.0x and even 2.0x. Not sure how that happened, but it'd be cool to be sure that I'd set all of them how I want without having to go through everything.

Ben, the latest firmware(s) preserve the amp modeling version the presets were created in. New presets have the latest version. Previous presets don't change automatically. It is a manual process for older presets.

Ben, the latest firmware(s) preserve the amp modeling version the presets were created in. New presets have the latest version. Previous presets don't change automatically. It is a manual process for older presets.

I get that part.

I'm just confused why those presets ended up in various older versions to start with when my global was never switched off of "Latest."

I get that part.

I'm just confused why those presets ended up in various older versions to start with when my global was never switched off of "Latest."

I think you are missing part of it.

Because latest becomes fixed when you load new firmware. Those "latest" presets are now older versions and don't keep changing when you upgrade firmware.

E.g. Presets you create in 4.0 as "latest", will be marked as "4.0" not "latest" when you upgrade the next time.

I think you are missing part of it.

Because latest becomes fixed when you load new firmware. Those "latest" presets are now older versions and don't keep changing when you upgrade firmware.

E.g. Presets you create in 4.0 as "latest", will be marked as "4.0" not "latest" when you upgrade the next time.

Ah. I thought that maintaining the version of origin part was new to this firmware, so I got why some of them were at 3.0x, but the fact that some of them were set to 2.0x was really throwing me off.

Back
Top Bottom