Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.03 Firmware Release

Once again Mikko from ML SOUNDLAB, dialed in your settings on the MKIIC++ and its just dead on! Thank you Cliff, you are the best!! and thank you Mikko for your preset sharing as well!
Thank you so much! :) I promised someone special I'd post the preset on the forum. I took it a step further as I understand not everyone has Cab Pack 13 and I want everyone to enjoy the new IIC++ as much as possible. I tried to make the stock IR's sound somewhat similar to the tone I was getting with the "ML USA Bulb SM57-SM57 01" IR so everyone can enjoy the preset. It's not as close to the real thing with this Cab Block but I also added an optional EQ block that kind of tightens the low end to be closer like the real thing in case the preset flubs on some guitars. To those who own Cab Pack 13, the amp settings are exactly the same so just drop the above mentioned IR into the Cab Block and you're done.

You can get the preset from this thread.

Last edited:
i too was looking for Factory Cab sounds and did the 2 "petrucci" cabs (the ML cabs around 74 and 75?) with a Stereo cab block. a different tone for sure, but with the same amp settings, it sounded great.

i'd hate to pin the amp as a one-trick-pony - anyone have other settings that work well? actually, before i added the 5-band eq, it sounded pretty darn good. scooped mids got me the Black Album tone for sure, but flat sounded good too!

This is going to be fun. Any recommendations for cab for this amp from the those that come with the AFX... as of Q3.03?

Ha. thanks Chris. I need to update the thread more often. :p

So i see the the ML cabs around 74 and 75 - thanks for that.
Still looking for the factory cab Mikko refers to at #111 - Is the preset that Mikko refers to in Q3.03, or is this cab referenced in another thread?

Last edited:
Ha. thanks Chris. I need to update the thread more often. :p

So i see the the ML cabs around 74 and 75 - thanks for that.
Still looking for the factory cab Mikko refers to at #111 - Is the preset that Mikko refers to in Q3.03, or is this cab referenced in another thread?
i think it's the same ones. he says 73 and 74 and that sounds like what i meant :) i'm not near my axe right now.

For the first time I noticed someone responding like an a-hole on this Forum. I have thoroughly enjoyed this Forum for many reasons but the professionalism of the members is at the top of the list. We must know that all amplifiers will not be appealing to all players. Therefore, why bother to comment when one does not appeal to your tone sensibilities? Such critiques provide no value and are sophomoric at best and rude at the other end of the spectrum. Say what you will, Metallica changed the landscape of rock and roll forever and are one of the biggest bands on the planet. They continue to make a lot of people happy. Making snide remarks regarding their sound/tone smacks of jealousy and insecurity. Such cheapness is not welcome. Remember, music is best so shut up and play your guitar (to paraphrase Mr. Zappa).

For the first time I noticed someone responding like an a-hole on this Forum. I have thoroughly enjoyed this Forum for many reasons but the professionalism of the members is at the top of the list. We must know that all amplifiers will not be appealing to all players. Therefore, why bother to comment when one does not appeal to your tone sensibilities? Such critiques provide no value and are sophomoric at best and rude at the other end of the spectrum. Say what you will, Metallica changed the landscape of rock and roll forever and are one of the biggest bands on the planet. They continue to make a lot of people happy. Making snide remarks regarding their sound/tone smacks of jealousy and insecurity. Such cheapness is not welcome. Remember, music is best so shut up and play your guitar (to paraphrase Mr. Zappa).

You gotta just blow stuff off like that man. People that make negative comments on forums like that usually have a pathetic life and are depressed, etc.

Regardless of how folks feel about Metallica, they are getting a great Mesa amp emulation that is guaranteed to sound outstanding because Cliff makes great stuff! :)

There will always be at least one, whom instead of embracing or ignoring decides to moan and piss and well... Life's too short to bother with "my friend of misery" so I just chuckle and scroll....

IMHO if this IIc++ was the only amp model in the Fractal it would still be worth the asking price.... IT IS THAT FUCKING GOOD..... Metal Up Your Ass and EET FUK!

Oh ya! Sounds great. Sticky sharp and not too harsh, nice grind, nice thunk. I used Mikko's video as guide to create my preset.

Man! I'm so happy right now! New firmware with a killer new amp and my old sounds didn't get changed and to top it off, my AX8 will be delivered tomorrow! It's a great time to be a Fractalholic!

Now I understand why I never sounded as Metallica on my Behringer AT108.
The 750hz knob is missing !! :rolleyes:

What, a new amp to try on a Tuesday morning? Sorry, but I work 9 to 5...

Thanks Cliff! A new firmware is always good news, even sweeter when I'm caught by surprise.
The ++ amp is a success!

Last edited:
Really loving the ++. Not just for Metallica. The throw some different eq and cabs at it and it just kills

That amp.

Damn.

Dayum!

I really don't care for Mk series amps, never have, but that thing is a 100 ton monster!

Screw Metallica!! Those guys suck! (.... secretly goes back to banging out Seek and Destroy on C++ model for the 30th time in a row.)

Back
Top Bottom