Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.03 Firmware Release

Oh well well well... It was bound to happen. It does every year around this time. I am a few days from my annual 5 weeks leave both from work and AXE-FX...

Rock on Guys! and thanks FAS for hard work and unsurpassed service.

Oh man! I can't wait to get home and load this. It'll be fun to have some new crushing rock tones.
You said "load" which is fitting in 2 ways on this FW update...

Sorry my humor usually isn't so juvenile, but it's Tuesday so I digress.

I just got home and used @Guitarjon's settings from his video and the Chops of Life IR from Cab Pack 7 and it's everything I could have ever wanted in a heavy rhythm tone.

I had spent a couple weeks dialing in my own tone with the Recto 2 Red Modern model with an Angle Severe 1 tonestack and the Solo Dallas AC/DC emulation and was very happy with that... but this new amp is special -- and requires less tweaking!

Now how do we get ahold of Eddie's #1 Marshall? :p

Yeah. Epic. Thanks a million.
"Epic" was Faith No More.
This firmware, you shall load it into that black box of yours. The code will ride the lightning through the USB cable into the flash memory, look for old firmware versions, and kill'em all. When you go back to the stage and act there like the master of puppets who plays with the worst. anger ever, you can be sure that it means death. Magnetic devices will fail, some kind of monster will appear through the never, and there will be a reload of power and justice for all.

Last edited:
I just got home and used @Guitarjon's settings from his video and the Chops of Life IR from Cab Pack 7 and it's everything I could have ever wanted in a heavy rhythm tone.

I had spent a couple weeks dialing in my own tone with the Recto 2 Red Modern model with an Angle Severe 1 tonestack and the Solo Dallas AC/DC emulation and was very happy with that... but this new amp is special -- and requires less tweaking!

Now how do we get ahold of Eddie's #1 Marshall? :p
What is the Solo Dallas AC/DC emulation?

Didn't realize what a FW junkie I've become! It's been what? 4 or 6 weeks since 3.02 dropped? It's tough going that long without another hit of digital junk.
I think that's what keeps this product fresh and exciting, holding people's interest is a smart move by Cliff. We are the junkies and he is our supplier.

I can tell you !!!! :D

The Axe-Fx II XL+ is the ultimate all-in-one preamp/effects processor. It contains a vast virtual inventory of hundreds of vintage and modern guitar amps, speaker cabinets, guitar stompbox and studio effects, and more. It accurately recreates the sound and feel of tube amps and can "tone match" the sound of your live amp or a recording. It is ideal for both stage and studio use, with heavy-duty construction and a high-quality, ultra low-noise design.

Back
Top Bottom