Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.01 Firmware Release

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Please read this carefully if you are coming from one of the 3.00 beta versions:

The Dynamic Presence knob is now the way it was in 2.04 and earlier. A NEW parameter has been added called "Xfrmr Grind" (Transformer Grind). This parameter does what Dyn Pres did in the 3.00 beta versions. So now it's the best of both worlds.

Axe-Edit has NOT been updated yet so the Transformer Grind parameter can only be accessed via the front panel until Axe-Edit is updated.

Existing presets will be updated to default Transformer Grind and Dynamic Presence values upon recall. So make a mental note of where you were setting Dynamic Presence and set Transformer Grind to that value.

IF YOU WERE USING THE RELEASE VERSION OF 3.00:
Due to an incompatibility with Axe-Edit any presets created with 3.00 will have Transformer Grind and Dynamic Presence values set to default values upon recall. Otherwise there an no changes from 3.00.

For latest firmware go here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...irmware-release-3-01-we-hardly-new-ye.114101/

Last edited:
Loaded Firmware, Updated to latest Axe Edit and changing the value for the new XFRMR GRIND parameter does not cause the basic parameter tab to disappear and it shows correctly, when setting it to a non-zero value.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 17.37.09.png

I'm getting this when trying to update to 3.01. Using AxeFx II MK1 and I am not putting it into fw update mode.

Junior, we all see that now and then. I got it myself upgrading to 3.0. Shut off the unit, turn it back on, and run the Bot again. Ignore any messages, just start over. I've never had that message more than once, and no problems with the second attempt.

Back
Top Bottom