Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Weird, I am using 3.6.1 and it is only showing the firmware version.
this is correct and what is expected.

some people are missing the part about the MODELING version chosen in the menus being shown as well. i just don't think that's gonna happen, and my guess is that we will lose that feature in the future, as we have in the past, when it is no longer necessary.

No offense intended to anyone, but really? when I load a firmware I know what's in my unit, no need to look other than verifying the update. I can't say I would have ever noticed a firmware version on the boot screen. I believe Cliff's time could be spent on more important things. Just my opinion.

Unless one has several Axe units sitting around, I don't see how its that hard to remember what firmware your on, and in the rare chance you did forget, just hit the utility button and find out

I forget where I left my cell phone and wallet sometimes, but I know Tuesday night I loaded FW 3.0 beta, and can't see why I'd need to be reminded of that fact when I power the unit up.

Nothing wrong if it would say it, but just can't believe anyone flips back and forth between FW so many times a day that they would lose track
It also says what firmware you are on at the top of Axe-Edit.

Just my two cents but I think that having the firmware version on the boot up screen is ridiculous and could potentially be a disaster. That is just my own opinion. I don't see the purpose of having it there because it really isn't necessary. It take two seconds to go into the utility section. Additionally, I'm not a fan of messing around too much with anything in the boot up sequence area, especially on a regular basis. Just seems like there is too much of a chance of something getting affected and then you can't even get your unit to boot up!

There's so much going on lately I haven't loaded the new beta yet. I have read through the thread and since everyone one seems more concerned about the boot screen than the modeling I will have to assume this is an awesome update. :)

Ahhh just came back from a rehearsal and tried out Q3...all my presets just sound and feel much more ballsy...the Marshalls ohhhhh yea! They just assault you....love the kick....they sound angry and rude.

Zero'ed my amp GEQ and used the Dynamic Presence to bump up the high end instead of using the GEQ; really digging this control. I like the effect of this control a lot. I bump up the treble post tone stack as sometimes tweaking the Treble control affects the response of the tonestack and you have to fiddle with the other tone controls as overall tone can 'suck out'. Love the 'hair' Dynamic Presence adds...great update.

After we jammed Thin Lizzy "Cold Sweat" the bass player said "man, what a killer tone you're getting for that tune"...big, fat, rich distortion without mushing out...killer stuff.

I'm happy to report the hot kitty model is stupidly good at this point. using it with the matching cab IR no longer has that weird woofy, thin quality to it. In fact all I did was drop the low freq amount and messed with the bmt and it's kicks ALL kinds of ass with the master cranked

Still new to this, and not sure if I understood everything I read so I'll ask. Did this add new amps also. or did it just change a few things about previous versions? I installed it, but don't see anything new and that's why I am asking. Thanks Joe

Back
Top Bottom