Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Yeah, seems like the range is changed from -10 to +10 before update, to 0 to + 10 after update

If this isn't a bug, I'm going to miss being able to go negative. I was using that on a couple of patches to good effect. Starting to feel like this is important enough to mention in the bug section, so we can drop it here and return viewers to their regularly-scheduled programming:

3.0 sounds and feels great!!

Is 'dynamic presence' different than and in addition to the 'presence' and 'presence freq.' knobs?

Yes, definitely different, though related.
Dynamic Presence parameter has been around for awhile now, and has been REALLY useful for some of us, in both positive AND negative values. That's why a couple of us are really hoping that there's going to be negative values as well, going forward.
However, I'm unclear if this "new" Dynamic Presence parameter is the same as it was before, or is something new, with the same name.

I think putting the FW version on the boot screen will cause people to constantly turn on/off their devices just to see it, forgetting or not knowing you can check it in the Utility menu.
Really! Does anyone turn it on and off to see whether you are in Quantum or previous firmware? Its just a cool reminder at Powerup of whether you are on the latest Firmware or if you need/want to update or not! It was just a thought!

Downloaded Q.3 two hours ago. Not so minor in my opinion. Very very impressed. I cannot imgine how this could be better.Thanks Cliff and the team!:)

Unless one has several Axe units sitting around, I don't see how its that hard to remember what firmware your on, and in the rare chance you did forget, just hit the utility button and find out

I forget where I left my cell phone and wallet sometimes, but I know Tuesday night I loaded FW 3.0 beta, and can't see why I'd need to be reminded of that fact when I power the unit up.

Nothing wrong if it would say it, but just can't believe anyone flips back and forth between FW so many times a day that they would lose track

Yes, definitely different, though related.
Dynamic Presence parameter has been around for awhile now, and has been REALLY useful for some of us, in both positive AND negative values. That's why a couple of us are really hoping that there's going to be negative values as well, going forward.
However, I'm unclear if this "new" Dynamic Presence parameter is the same as it was before, or is something new, with the same name.

Well, that's great. Is dynamic presence available in Axe-Edit or only in the hardware menu, and while we're at it, where is the control located in the Axe hardware menu? (sorry if this has already been revealed, but i looked though the whole thread - may have missed something though... :rolleyes:)

there are instructions for this :O ??

Yes, it involves flashing the Flux Capacitor with a 7pin phantom powered MIDI cable and then pressing a special combination of up up down down page left page right page left page right X Y enter but please don't tell anyone I shared the secret instructions. :D

We don't need it on the boot screen because that information is found within utilities!!! However, it would be cool if the boot screen lasted longer than a split second and didn't act So crazy! My axe looks like it freezes momentarily before going crazy and flashes lights insanely.. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom