Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

I don't see any negative value possibility for this control - am I missing something? (0-10 value on FP and AE)

If you're missing it, I am as well. And I swear I remember it having negative values available in the past. Bug?

Last edited:
Cliff, a silly idea just came up, but it would be pretty cool if you could add the Version number to the Quantum logo on the Powerup screen, that way you can see the version your Axe FX is right at Powerup.
As often as we get firmware updates it would be a pain to have to change the Quantum logo with the current version.

As often as we get firmware updates it would be a pain to have to change the Quantum logo with the current version.

It's strongly dependent on the implementation.

It might be as simple as a line like:
printf("%s\n",version);

in the boot code. Only Cliff knows for sure and he already said it was likely simple.

Is this beta update stable? I mean, if you had 2 gigs in the weekend, would you upgrade or wait for final release?
I´ve loaded it yesterday, no problems with MFC and my presets - will use it for my weekendgig.

The Vox-Amps sound quite different if you increase dynamik presence - much more open - but I don´t know it it´s more real? But it´s in your taste how much - can also getting harsh, unreal. But maybe it´s now there - the frequence you have added around 2kHz at the AC 30 TB, Edo?

More dynamik presence (around 4-5) works great with the vintage amps like the 1959 SLP, great with damped notes, riffing - as said very "touchy".......

The new bassman "dweezil B" (also with decreasec dynamic presence) is a real marshallsounding killeramp.....maybe the best marshall in the axe.......?:D thanks for this unexpected amp, Cliff..........

Last edited:
Have to say i love this new amp ! So much to do with . Fender meet Marshall in a very good way , easy to find a good sound if you lowered the input trim around 0.300 (humbucker paf style here)
Thanks Cliff !!
Oh, it also sounds good with input trim on default - very fat but clear Marshalltone with a midboost humbucker on Strat here........

Last edited:
I liked how 2.04 sounded... heck just about every firmware sounds awesome. I went ahead and loaded up the 3.0 even though we have a show tonight. I proceeded to default the amps and everything sounded similar to what 2.04 was. I have to preface this to say that a couple months ago I went through a lot of the cabs a finally settled on factory cab 48 and 87a mic and the most 'up front' combination though my Beyerdynamic DT 770 cans. I proceeded to default the cab and went back to that combination and low and behold it wasn't as 'woofy' as before. Turns out the proximity was set to 5.0 in the cab block (maybe because of previous firmware default?). So much cleaner and so much better sounding through the headphones than before. I added a bit of pre and drive (I don't remember the actual knobs in the cab pre block, but it was the first two) in HQ and it added something more that I liked. Needless to say, I'm excited about tonight's gig! That's again for another great update Cliff!

If you're missing it, I am as well. And I swear I remember it having negative values available in the past. Bug?

MOST interested in the answer to this, as I have personally used negative values of dynamic presence for my patches a lot. Wouldn't want to be without that option!!

No not at all, i've just updated and my new second Goto Amp is the Dweezil Badassamp...
Need more tests, but so far, the day is getting better and better.
The new dynamic control is interesting, it seems it works on different amps in a different way, but i've just began, not sure what happens there...
Fired up my BE and Euro Blue presets and the difference was immediately apparent. It's subtle but the amps just feel and sound a lot more raw and have that high end spit. I would be completely happy with 2.04 but that extra little sizzle with 3.0 is really nice.

Just curious...

Why was this a 3.0 rather than a 2.1? Looks like the frmware upgrade was "minor".
Cliff has said it before, when a firmware has the possibility of changing the sound to the amp/drive blocks a new (ex.) xx.00 will be created. If it is just bug fixes or more amps, more effects, added features, etc... it will be a 2.xx change.

Dude, with the amount of detail that Cliff and FAS Staff put into each update, it should be a piece of cake, and I think it will make the Fractal look even more awesome on Power up than it already does with all the flashing LEDS! Don't tell me you don't love to watch those LEDS flashing like a Xmas tree every time you power up! Hahahaha!

Does Dynamik Presence only work if Prescene in the amp block is decreased? For Example - fender Deluxe Vibro channel - presence 0 - no reaction on Dynamik presence? Or I´m wrong?

Back
Top Bottom