Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Modded BF Bassman is an awesome addition. My all time favorite amp is a 67 BF that Randy Atkins added a gain stage too and modded the tone stack, and a ppmv, was the best Plexi tone I've ever heard, and this new model sounds quite similar so I couldn't be happier
I love this new model for creating/practicing pentatonics and blues. For some reason gives me a feeling illusion of gliding, or slicing through butter. I'm using the neck pickup, as I mentioned, and the dynamic presence is at midway to the top, and you would never know I'm playing a neck pickup, but it sounds wonderful. .

Cliff, if that's what you call slightly improved! I would love to see a big improvement. I notice a huge difference on my Matrix into my 2x12 Marshall cab. I haven't tried FRFR yet. But DAMMMM.....
With or without turning on the dynamic presence?

Any chance of updating the OP notes with the new amps that are coming our way? I think I saw ... 3... skimming the thread.

Anyway - thanks Cliff and CO - and to Yek for staying on top of all the amp info. Man, Dweezil's rig is INSANITY. Love it!

I really hope that some day in the near future we're gonna get a final firmware version for this thing just so I won't feel compelled to stalk the forums all day, every day wherever I am. I realize I'm probably the only person that actually wants this. Well, maybe me and Danny Danzi...:p

The path to your enlightenment begins by uninstalling Fractal Bot.

I still have a vintage Axe-Fx II Mark I. It came with FW5 but FW6 came out within a week and it included Tone Matching. The Flash Rom presets in mine are still from FW5. I have the instructions to update the Flash Rom but I've always been too afraid I'd mess something up and brick my Axe-Fx II.

I still have a vintage Axe-Fx II Mark I. It came with FW5 but FW6 came out within a week and it included Tone Matching. The Flash Rom presets in mine are still from FW5. I have the instructions to update the Flash Rom but I've always been too afraid I'd mess something up and brick my Axe-Fx II.
there are instructions for this :O ??

Didn't expect much. Tone hasn't changed much on presets I use, but then I tend to use "big iron" amps like Matchless and ODS.

But everything feels different to me. Better. Me like! Thanks, Cliff!

If you're hesitating, I would say don't. Go ahead and jump.

Holy shit guys! I just got a chance to play on Q3.0 and whoooooaaaaa! I've only played on the Mark IIC+ so far, but I am totally blown away! Great stuff Cliff! Thanks as always.

Cheers,

Lee

Has anyone else heard what sounds like a test tone when using Amp 2? It's there regardless of a guitar connected to the Axe or not.

Forgot to include what Q3.0 brought on. The great tone and depth was intoxicating, and as my licks heated up. ......

My favorite pick!! Oh well, Q3.0 is still worth it! ;)

Attachments

• Broken Heart p.jpg
    Broken Heart p.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 25
Has anyone else heard what sounds like a test tone when using Amp 2? It's there regardless of a guitar connected to the Axe or not.
you're saying simply adding a 2nd Amp block causes a 'test tone' sound? does it happen with any preset?

Forgot to include what Q3.0 brought on. The great tone and depth was intoxicating, and as my licks heated up. ......

My favorite pick!! Oh well, Q3.0 is still worth it! ;)

That's the stuff of legends right there... literally played it to pieces!

I use V-picks (Freakishly Large, yes it's partially compensatin :D) and have never broken one, but they sure do grind down into nubs.

Back
Top Bottom