Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Wonder if it depends on the kind of amps used? The presets I've tried so far are all MV amps that rely mainly on the preamp for the overdrive.
IDK, that's strange because I'm using the new Dweezil amp and plexis which are so good. I use the Angle for my heavy stuff, The only thing I do is turn on the bass cut and turn the bass on 3.69 and all is awesome. I use only my own IR's. Hope you get it figured out.

You're not. I much prefer version 2.01 to the other options, which sound slightly bland (or lack of a better word) in comparison. 2.01 to me sounds clearer and more lively. I really hope the option to select it doesn't go away as the firmware versions roll on.
I use latest, what type of amps are you using?

Boy I wasn't sold on this ver 3.00....but turning the Dynamic Presence knob makes a huge difference.....me likey

Sorry guys I am not a fan of Q 3.0 just reloaded Q 1.6 I lost some features but I got rid of excess bass and got the clarity that I was not hearing in 3.0......... I will be staying here at Q1.6 until I find a new version that is more to my liking.

Sorry guys I am not a fan of Q 3.0 just reloaded Q 1.6 I lost some features but I got rid of excess bass and got the clarity that I was not hearing in 3.0......... I will be staying here at Q1.6 until I find a new version that is more to my liking.

Don't forget to reset everything and make complete new presets. This firmware is the clearest ever ( I still don't like the distortion) for me. And the fx are pretty transparent now.

Why should we have to use an advanced parameter, that isn't available for the physical amp, to brighten up these now darkened amps? (I have real-world experience with plenty of these amp models.)

I agree with this Imo something happened in 2.4 that made some amps too dark. 3.0 doesn't help fix this .... This is why there are now videos on how to adjust the cabinets to compensate for the extra bass or darkness or lack of clarity or what what ever you want to call it..

And the fx are pretty transparent now.

I don't think the FX have changed at all (correct me if I am wrong). Maybe this is a result of the Dynamic Presence that makes your FX sound different?

The FX have always seemed incredibly transparent to me.

F*ck. I normally do not have to adjust much on FW updates or get a feeling of incremental improvement but this one is pretty bad, for me... IMHO. I know this is not the popular opinion here, in fact it seems like everyone so far has been positive but a lot of high end edge is gone and everything sounds warmer and darker in a not good way (I know warm is generally considered 'good' but am not sure what other word to use), especially noticeable on palm mutes on the open A and E. Cannot get along with Marshall high gain tones so far. A lot of edge feels gone. This is frustrating.

Have reflashed twice. Am not a noob. Have checked all the usual suspects. Dang. Have never had oa FW I have considered rolling back on or holding off on. I guess I will try to redial some more sounds from scratch but have not had much luck with my goto amps: Atomica and Cornford.

What firmware were you using prior? Those two amp models didn't change and they are MV amps and there was only a small change to the power amp modeling. So there shouldn't be much, if any, difference.

Why should we have to use an advanced parameter, that isn't available for the physical amp, to brighten up these now darkened amps? (I have real-world experience with plenty of these amp models.)

you don´t have to use it........you have changed/shortened my post.......

If you use ist, the amp will go brighter - thats my post. As Cliff said there weren´t any preamp changes, beta 3.0 is for the poweramp.

What amps are you talking about? Which ones have changed to darker sound in your opinion?

Recording a few chords is always a good way to compare the firmwares. I did it on 2.04 and 3.0 with AC 30 TB, Deluxe and Marshall Plexi - no one of them seems to be darker.......

I agree with this Imo something happened in 2.4 that made some amps too dark. 3.0 doesn't help fix this .... This is why there are now videos on how to adjust the cabinets to compensate for the extra bass or darkness or lack of clarity or what what ever you want to call it..

o_O:confused::rolleyes:o_O:confused::rolleyes:;)

This is very specious reasoning ... I don't think Danny's video on cabs (tuning/editing) has any relationship with the current firmware changes (which only affect some amps in the power amp model, and of which Danny makes no note of anywhere in the video or thread IIRC).

Did you actually watch the video?

Last edited:
What firmware were you using prior? Those two amp models didn't change and they are MV amps and there was only a small change to the power amp modeling. So there shouldn't be much, if any, difference.

Thanks for the confirm Cliff, I had skipped some of the recent 2.0x series... Yesterday, I did a another reload and followed with system settings reset/review, and rerolled both Mk50 and Atomica presets from scratch. I ended up with different cabs on both. (Go figure, a freq response concern being helped out by a cab change, LOL :D) and I went with modeling 2.01 on the Atomica and a slight tweak of my MV settings and the Dynamic presence, the Cornford tweaks were similar but I also did a roll back on the gain on that preset (it already had a drive block controlled enabled on certain scenes).

I am in a much happier place, now, after a legit overhaul; not sure if it is my favorite update... But I am in a state that I can use as a basis for a complete redo. Thanks to Justin and others who provided the input. I'm just so used to slam dunking my updates, so I panicked a bit when they weren't right there after very simple dialing and the first reload which is typically as extreme as it gets for me. :p I am really sensitive to the 'darkness/presence/bite' thing... this is like my only major pickiness (example: I consider most of the factory cabs dark so I usually go with loaded IRs from OH).

Anyway, my noob-all-over-again moment is over. Sorry for raising what was probably an unnecessarily negative red flag for my own mistake.:oops: I think when 3.0 final comes out, I may redo my entire personal set from scratch keeping only FX block settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom