Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

I realize that. I've had the axefx since the month it was released. New 3.00 the DYN Presence does absolutely nothing. I'll just roll back to 2.04 till it gets worked out.

and we're all very proud... I just thought it might be an oversight. It's working great for me, but I've been here 2 months longer, so there's that...

Since 3.00 the DYN PRES basically does nothing. I used to run it on a lot of amps the perfectly brighten things up at about 1. Now I can turn it full blast and it makes no difference it all. Any suggestions or info on how to get that function back in another tweak?

Dynamic Presence is now dependent on power amp overdrive. If you are using Master Volume amps and not driving the virtual power amp hard the Dynamic Presence control will do little to nothing. You gotta get the virtual power amp cooking for it to work. See the release notes in the OP for details. The original intent of the Dynamic Presence knob was to provide a means of adding the dynamic treble boost that we've observed when measuring real tube amps. We've now figured out what exactly is going on in the tube/transformer/speaker interaction and the new Dynamic Presence algorithm simulates that. As with a real amp this effect only occurs when the power amp is working hard.

You can use the Character controls to achieve the same effect as the old Dynamic Presence. Set the Character Type to Shelving, set the Character Frequency to 10 kHz or so, adjust Character Amount to taste.

I have been a high tech rock guitarist since the late 60's early 70's and the things we had to do to create a tone producing system was sometimes crazy. Fractal Audio has empowered todays creative guitar players by a quantum leap, If I may say so. I submit that Cliff Chase's birthday would become a holiday that every guitarist or sound engineer take note of. Axe-Fx,, a truly significant accomplishment, that stands alone in quality. Thanks
I agree totally with you ,,just a newby per say ,,but " Genius "he and his staff are !!!!!!

Its all mostly over my Head,but well done !!!!!!!

Also note that the effect in real amps is highly dependent on the speaker. Some speaker/transformer combinations exhibit significant high frequency dynamic boost while other combinations yield almost none. As always use your ears as the final determinant.

Not that I exactly understand how any of this works, but aside from using one's ears as a judge, would it be possible one day, in the Jetson's time frame, for a wise user to create an approximation database of cross-relations between example speakers and transformers to predict settings that may achieve a realistic effect from the model and its typical paired speakers (and atypical pairings of course!)? I feel like we are getting closer to the Jetsons age all the time.

Last edited:
Dynamic Presence is now dependent on power amp overdrive. If you are using Master Volume amps and not driving the virtual power amp hard the Dynamic Presence control will do little to nothing

I change the Master volume a lot, so it's a litle bit frustrating that this parameter is Reset when resetting the whole Amp block.
One nice Add-on would be to mark the Default Value for these parameters graphical on the volume Controller, but never change when resetting the Amp block.

I change the Master volume a lot, so it's a litle bit frustrating that this parameter is Reset when resetting the whole Amp block.
I don't understand. You reset the whole amp block but don't like that MV is reset?

Can someone check and see if you are getting erratic behavior on the modeling version switch? I can't get it to work right. It won't stay where I put it and it won't always move where I put it. 3.02 beta

Noticed the same behavior.

One nice Add-on would be to mark the Default Value for these parameters graphical on the volume Controller, but never change when resetting the Amp block.
If you mean that when a major change requires resetting the amp block to take advantage of it, I might be nice at some point to have an option to "lock" the main pages of the amp block when resetting the block (which I guess is two pages in the Axe FX, and one page in axe edit if I'm not mistaken.... Also a cool feature, for me, on knobs in Axe Edit, would be to ghost the last stable position on mouse-over - (I've never seen this done really, and it would be a pain in the ass to program): Meaning, after letting go of the knob and leaving it unchanged for a half a second, you could highlight it and see where the last stable point had been (then right-click to go to that "undo" position). I sometimes make an edit and try it out, don't like it, and then realize I didn't make a mental note. I'm sure when Google Glasses incorporates virtual "stickies" I can just use that, but until then, it never hurts to complain about our memory loss... Speaking of memory loss, I once again forgot that this isn't the "wish" forum.

If you mean that when a major change requires resetting the amp block to take advantage of it, I might be nice at some point to have an option to "lock" the main pages of the amp block when resetting the block (which I guess is two pages in the Axe FX, and one page in axe edit if I'm not mistaken.... Also a cool feature, for me, on knobs in Axe Edit, would be to ghost the last stable position on mouse-over - (I've never seen this done really, and it would be a pain in the ass to program): Meaning, after letting go of the knob and leaving it unchanged for a half a second, you could highlight it and see where the last stable point had been (then right-click to go to that "undo" position). I sometimes make an edit and try it out, don't like it, and then realize I didn't make a mental note. I'm sure when Google Glasses incorporates virtual "stickies" I can just use that, but until then, it never hurts to complain about our memory loss... Speaking of memory loss, I once again forgot that this isn't the "wish" forum.
There is a feature on AxeEdit called snapshot. Would that be useful for that?
I actually never used it. Didn't see the use of it as it sort of looks like it is just a fast export function. I always just save and go back.
If there were some fast snapshot load function that would greatly enhance the usefulness. Like a multiple compare function.

This is similar to another request.

Yes, I'd would be in favor of certain controls having their default position (the default for the specific amp type) "marked" in some way.

Primary candidates would be: Master, Presence/HiCut and Depth, Bright switch.

My problem is that for example Dumble amps, I set Master Volume VERY low...typically to 1, and of course I need to set Output Level very high.
When upgrading, the Master Volume is turned up to Default, and baaaaaang ! ....Output-level is tooooooooo loud !!! :(

I realize that. I've had the axefx since the month it was released. New 3.00 the DYN Presence does absolutely nothing. I'll just roll back to 2.04 till it gets worked out.
Hey Schlagdog

Strange. It works with my MK II. I've only done it in AE.. And i get some effect on any amp i have tried.. Plexi, CAE, Bogner Blue/Red, Dirty Shirley, different Fenders etc... And I don' have the master high for all of them..

Have you tried the Bright knob? It's not the same, but it trims the brightness.. You know this i'm sure, but just a reminder in case.

This is similar to another request.

Yes, I'd would be in favor of certain controls having their default position (the default for the specific amp type) "marked" in some way.

Primary candidates would be: Master, Presence/HiCut and Depth, Bright switch.
Defaults need to be marked on Axe-Edit knobs. I'm surprised they aren't. It's a bit of a no-brainer for user design given all the parameters. Default-all with reset is very useful, it'd be great to have this too.

Would be nice to have a default setting for each control. I know playing around with all the params, can at times become confusing on which ones I might of tweaked and how they diff from where I started. Would be nice to see those defaults in Axe Edit for example.

Would be nice to have a default setting for each control. I know playing around with all the params, can at times become confusing on which ones I might of tweaked and how they diff from where I started. Would be nice to see those defaults in Axe Edit for example.

Shameless plug: please comment/like on this Wish List item if you want defaults marked and also set intelligently, not at noon for example.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/posts/1358164/

Back
Top Bottom