Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.00 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
...could this be an AE isn't updated thing?

Loaded Q3, opened AE, amp block has no basic parameters

yup, see posts above and a few other threads today, it's connected to the Xfrmer Grind, turn it down to 0 from the front panel temporarily to get the basic knobs back. ya know fas will come through with an axe-edit update on the quick, they're good like that ;)

In other news, is there a support group for potential addiction to the new Dweezil's B-man model? Cause I think I've got it... I've just spent close to two hours just noodling bad blues licks and slamming open chords through it.. so grind-y and good, responds nicely to volume knob to get it down into "edge of breakup territory", and then you push it a bit again and it just starts to growl and sputter like a pissed off demon.

Awesome! Thanks, FAS.

In other news, is there a support group for potential addiction to the new Dweezil's B-man model? Cause I think I've got it... I've just spent close to two hours just noodling bad blues licks and slamming open chords through it.. so grind-y and good, responds nicely to volume knob to get it down into "edge of breakup territory", and then you push it a bit again and it just starts to growl and sputter like a pissed off demon.

I propose we hold meetings the first and third Wednesday of each month. Maybe at Denny's or some other coffee shop?

lovin the transformer grind,, the control you have over dynamics is the best its been - hands down

Last edited:
Yeah, huge thanks to Cliff and everyone at FAS, Q3 has completely made my afternoon.

I'd been loving 2.0.4, but the touch responsiveness on this one is just feeling off the charts good to me. Maybe it's just power of suggestion, but if it is I'm totally okay with that ;)

Best music gear purchase I've ever made, no contest. This thing has caused me to play guitar more, and enjoy it even with headphones in a small apartment. Thanks FAS, you're truly boutique digital artisans and geniuses of the highest order! :D

Yippee. Its been a really hot last few months at Fractal. Thanks for all this customer support and making the products more ideal than is even possible according to human standards.

You guys are killing me! I'm not with my gear on Sundays. Tomorrow it is, and I will be Fractal dreaming tonight.

I'm going to start this with a statement: I have always enjoyed my axe with the exception of a period of crisis where I considered selling off my rig entirely.

Today I went to a rehearsal space to jam with a couple of guys who use tube amps. I've been playing through a live rig for the past several months and have dialed at very good rehearsal volumes. In the past, when I've played with them, volume wasn't an issue, but it always kind of felt like the axe-fx didn't have the same girth and grit that the tube amps seemed to - even when volume matched. And I know well about the speaker page so I knew it wasn't that. The axe would CUT a bit, but it just didn't seem to fill the room the way the tube guys playing did. I use 2 212 cabs with vintage 30s so I was definitely moving a fair amount of air. LOL

It got to a point where I was considering purchasing a rectoverb 50 head to run live and just use the axe for effects (reluctantly) because it just never seemed to get the same punch and power that the tube guys had.

Today, using the new FW, was the first time I've played live where not only was the tone and volume there, but the amp punched, cut, and (for lack of better terms that have already been established) felt like it was GRINDING just like the tube amps. It was immediately noticeable and the other guys, who knew I was considering an amp, just smiled and nodded along with me.

The unit just keeps getting better. It's truly amazing, and it's saving me a LOT of coin right now! HAHAHA!

I'm going to start this with a statement: I have always enjoyed my axe with the exception of a period of crisis where I considered selling off my rig entirely.

Today I went to a rehearsal space to jam with a couple of guys who use tube amps. I've been playing through a live rig for the past several months and have dialed at very good rehearsal volumes. In the past, when I've played with them, volume wasn't an issue, but it always kind of felt like the axe-fx didn't have the same girth and grit that the tube amps seemed to - even when volume matched. And I know well about the speaker page so I knew it wasn't that. The axe would CUT a bit, but it just didn't seem to fill the room the way the tube guys playing did. I use 2 212 cabs with vintage 30s so I was definitely moving a fair amount of air. LOL

It got to a point where I was considering purchasing a rectoverb 50 head to run live and just use the axe for effects (reluctantly) because it just never seemed to get the same punch and power that the tube guys had.

Today, using the new FW, was the first time I've played live where not only was the tone and volume there, but the amp punched, cut, and (for lack of better terms that have already been established) felt like it was GRINDING just like the tube amps. It was immediately noticeable and the other guys, who knew I was considering an amp, just smiled and nodded along with me.

The unit just keeps getting better. It's truly amazing, and it's saving me a LOT of coin right now! HAHAHA!
Yep. Noticed the same thing with Q3B2 at my gig Friday night. Lots of punch and warmth. Cliff, you did something magic with the PA modeling.

I gave the release version a try for an hour. Sounds great. Having both kinds of dyn presence controls at hand is great.

Existing presets will be updated to default Transformer Grind and Dynamic Presence values upon recall. So make a mental note of where you were setting Dynamic Presence and set Transformer Grind to that value.

I didn't modify the Dynamic Presence. But should I be "saving" my presets after initial load to take the "automatic updates"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom