Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Question, who is using not the "latest" in FW 2.04, i stick on some models with 2.01 and with high gainer stuff at the "latest" model...

I went back and checked and only had one preset not on latest. It's my main clean bandmaster. I changed it to latest from 2.01. The affect was subtle.

I went back and checked and only had one preset not on latest. It's my main clean bandmaster. I changed it to latest from 2.01. The affect was subtle.
In my case there are no differences in sound (maybe slightly if you hear it back with Headphones) , it happens between no gain at all to near the breakup/cutoff in Billy-Gibbons-Picking-Style, there is a direct feedback from the "Amp" i only experienced with ...i don't write the Jehovah words, pls hold your keys :)

That's not really the role of moderators on this forum. They help keep things in line with The Rules (most of the time). They're not primarily curators of information. I don't know many forums that have that kind of moderator role, really. Can't think of one in the last 30 years of using computers in some sort of centralized group exchange that's had that, actually. It's tangents all the way down.

So, you're not wrong. But you're not right either. Life's rich tapestry...

Bingo.

I did *try* to keep this on subject a few pages back (stop treating this as a 'wish list' please), but since Cliff mentioned a 3.0, this all sort of came off the rails. Which is just fine with me.

oh no new firmware - ah, great - more time to play only guitar and improve my play............:D

Aren´t there a few hundred IR´s on my PC which I haven´t tried yet.............:D

Question, who is using not the "latest" in FW 2.04, i stick on some models with 2.01 and with high gainer stuff at the "latest" model...

marcor66, I couldn't tell you why, but I slightly prefer 2.01 with a lot of amps. And, I agree that some of the really high gain stuff(like the savage) sounds better at latest.

Well, I stand corrected. I reread the forum rules and there is nothing about staying on topic or getting off of topic of a specific thread. So I guess you can talk about anything on your mind and forget about the thread topic. Enjoy!!
Excuse me, are your posts on topic? Didn't you just made the very thing you were complaining about?

I come here to be intrigued about Axe FX/Fractal related topics... Including those generally related to her progress, morale of her team, decisions being made, opinions of the user community, and the good times of all involved (which opens the range up considerably). Once a very satisfying firmware is released there is often little to say about the next firmware. So silliness and odd assortments of topics are expected from an artistic community. But my posting and commenting go way too far and I do need forum rahab services. (My average in terms of posting sobriety is to maintain a subject matter proximity to within 2 or 3 of the nearest threads.

At least approximately on topic, 2.04 is pretty near perfect for me. Actually I do have a point of confusion about the drive models since a bunch had G3'd on them; after we launched beyond the basic G3 realm, I may have missed reading an update - as to whether all the drive models are equally accurate now. I am specifically interested in getting better working with Fuzz pedals (using those models within the Axe FX). And it randomly occurs to me that if there is more of the kind of wildness Cliff referred to in relation to Q3, might this improve the realism to be heard as the newly Q3'd amp responds to a modeled Fuzz?

That being in addition to the synergy between the electronics of the guitar and the electronics of an actual Fuzz, as was discussed many posts ago.

I'm pretty sure Cliff said something specific about fuzz pedals and left me with the impression I'd be better off throwing one on the floor the old fashioned way.

I come here to be intrigued about Axe FX/Fractal related topics... Including those generally related to her progress, morale of her team, decisions being made, opinions of the user community, and the good times of all involved (which opens the range up considerably). Once a very satisfying firmware is released there is often little to say about the next firmware. So silliness and odd assortments of topics are expected from an artistic community. But my posting and commenting go way too far and I do need forum rahab services. (My average in terms of posting sobriety is to maintain a subject matter proximity to within 2 or 3 of the nearest threads.

Blame it on me and the Retro Turbo Encabulator. I knew better than to have brought that off topic gateway drug to this party.

I'm pretty sure Cliff said something specific about fuzz pedals and left me with the impression I'd be better off throwing one on the floor the old fashioned way.

There is an excellent thread here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fuzz-face-authenticity.105704/
IT basically talks about the limitations of Fuzz modeling and where it is accurate (Fuzz ckt is in FX chain behind a buffered element) and where it has some limitations (Fuzz ckt interacts directly with guitar output) and how to tweak a few things for that case; If you are really into Fuzz I think that is one case where you may want an outboard pedal or two.

At least approximately on topic, 2.04 is pretty near perfect for me. Actually I do have a point of confusion about the drive models since a bunch had G3'd on them; after we launched beyond the basic G3 realm, I may have missed reading an update - as to whether all the drive models are equally accurate now. I am specifically interested in getting better working with Fuzz pedals (using those models within the Axe FX). And it randomly occurs to me that if there is more of the kind of wildness Cliff referred to in relation to Q3, might this improve the realism to be heard as the newly Q3'd amp responds to a modeled Fuzz?

That being in addition to the synergy between the electronics of the guitar and the electronics of an actual Fuzz, as was discussed many posts ago.

Scary but I keep saying how perfect the latest firmware is.....only to be more shocked everytime Cliff unleashes a new one. :) I have never been disappointed with an update. Maybe a slight hiccup here or there but almost always straight blown away.

Back
Top Bottom