Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Sounds pretty damn close. I would be a little concerned about quality though. I have heard a lot of problems with EHX products,

I think the newer stuff in the Hammond enclosures seems to me to fairly good. At that price, buy 2 and have a spare in your gear bag.

Never knew what the fuss was about but I dig the Klon and Timmy in Helix. I guess I will have to use the Helix Klon with the axe fx.

I recently stumbled on a Klon recipe I really like using the Drive block:

Drive Type: FET Boost

Change the clipping type from FET to Si Diode

Drive: 6
Mid: +1
High cut about 6500
Level to taste
Everything else default.

I've found I like to lower from 100% mix to taste to get just the right amount of high end boost without being harsh.

Works great in front of clean amps.

You can achieve exactly what the Klon does in the AxeFx in a multitude of ways. The one M@ offered up is great and easy, as is the one above. IMO, the issue is no one will be happy until something appears in the AxeFx with the word Klon on it, then no one will be happy because it's not that big of a deal sound wise (with the requisite claims it's not the real thing). The hype will have let them down as it has so many who've tried a real one and listened with their ears and not their eyes. Then we'll have 1000 page threads on ifs ands or buts about the Klon.

Cliff is just avoiding the migraine....

You can achieve exactly what the Klon does in the AxeFx in a multitude of ways. The one M@ offered up is great and easy, as is the one above. IMO, the issue is no one will be happy until something appears in the AxeFx with the word Klon on it, then no one will be happy because it's not that big of a deal sound wise (with the requisite claims it's not the real thing). The hype will have let them down as it has so many who've tried a real one and listened with their ears and not their eyes. Then we'll have 1000 page threads on ifs ands or buts about the Klon.

Spot on!!

I think the newer stuff in the Hammond enclosures seems to me to fairly good. At that price, buy 2 and have a spare in your gear bag.

I bought a Rocket Archer

You can always save the OD as a block and call it Klon.

Wow, just heard of this pedal, Klon; now to me that seems like the "call girl" of the clean boost world. Often clean is more of a reputation than a reality... Still, may be something to this

But Klon or no Klon, new firmware is the boost of my world. Ooops, just added three more months to the wait. :/

Wow, just heard of this pedal, Klon; now to me that seems like the "call girl" of the clean boost world. Often clean is more of a reputation than a reality... Still, may be something to this

But Klon or no Klon, new firmware is the boost of my world. Ooops, just added three more months to the wait. :/
People pay some sick money for original Klon pedals.

People pay some sick money for original Klon pedals.
There appears to be no limit or logic to what people will pay sick money for. TGP is littered with examples of this *cough freekish blues...

Too many people hear with their eyes and not their ears. Advertising and marketing companies have capitalized on this since their inception. Why else would someone buy a silver can of beer because a bikini clad young thing was dancing next to it :)

Hi!

I have just updated my Axe from 1.05 to 2.04.

In release notes I see there was PowerAmp Hardness parameter's improvement in 2.01.

Unfortunatelly the thread for 2.01 is unavailable already so could someone please tell how PowerAmp Hardness in 2.01 (and latest) corresponds to earlier versions ?

In my presets there were values such as 3, 4, 5 for this parameter. Now it's overriden and scale is different (from 0.00 to 10.00).

The topic is about fw 2.04 but all the posts are about the Klon. Shouldn't they be about fw 3.00? :)

Klon is the ultimate thread derailer, dude. Every time somebody repeats the word it gets worse. It's like turning the feedback on a tape delay up too far. Before long all we'll see are posts of people screaming "KLONKLONKLONKLONKLON...". We could put a title on it. Call it "Reductio ad Klonerum" or some such nonsense.

As such, I put forth a motion that we hereby only refer to the pedal as "that which shall not be named" or simply "you know who". o_O

Last edited:
On the topic of the original thread, is Quantum 3 around the corner? I can't help feeling that it will arrive in about 3-4 days, but an exact time frame is beyond my capabilities right now, since I am clouded over in Klon mystique. Captains of industry should band together and lead us into the clear light, away from all this shrouding in claims that bespeak of cultism. That way we can pine more effectively.

Which is why I want to again point out that the MP1 is not, certainly, going to be in Quantum 3. Because putting the MP1 into the Axe FX would be like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a rabbit. Unrealistic pining is a pining to be avoided.

So, what do we know about Quantum 3.. Let's review...

Oh yeah, not a damn thing. Good. Baby steps. I feel much better now.

Back
Top Bottom