Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

To what end though ? Only 2.0 and 2.01 ? What about the guy who still likes FW18 or something ? What about the guy who still loves a certain model in FW9 ?

What if Cliff's option is either the 3.0 or just 2.04 ? What about when he's up to 3.01 and 3.02 and then 4.0 and 5.0 etc ? Where does it end ? Will Q2.00 and 2.01 modeling be an option FOREVER moving forward ?

Just seems to open up such a bag of worms and regardless of what you do, surely someone, somewhere is going to feel that what they like/use is left out

We´ve had this features before and most people have always decided to move forward, becouse with every major FW we´ve seen a big improvement in our sounds. There is always gonna be lovers/haters, but i don´t think these "options" are to complain everyone, but to let Cliff know the opinion of the clients of his products.

Having said that, everyone can have all FWs stored in a hard drive, and changing to an older FW is easy and fast, so...:sunglasses::wink:

You know, it would be cool to see a 3-D vid with explanations of the components and features of these impossible and expensive models, that clearly show dedication to Fractal customer satisfaction as their primary goal, just like Chrysler Automotive demonstrates in this vid of an actual, and non-virtual working high performance system:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good Lord! LOL

I think Cliff basically said that, for example, FAS Modern uses a series of second order filters that in the real world would wolf be incredibly cost prohibitive.

My point here is that ideal doesn't necessarily mean not amp-like, so every time there are updates that involve pre and power amp emulsion, these ideal amps also improve.

I was recently playing live with a guy - he has a 6505+ through a Randall 412, and I was using a patch with FAS Modern through a matrix and two 212 cabs. The 6505+ is stupid loud, and I don't mean that in a good way at all.

What was obvious was that the FAS Modern cut in all the right ways without being overbearing in lows, highs, etc. Just fit right in there. It's a great model for sure!

Release it, Cliff!! Pleeeeeeeease! Hahahaha! Cant wait, Ever since Qv2p0 my presets really sound amazing, thank you! Soon I will share one of my presets so that I can get anyone who is interested to critique it! Reason being is that I've found that every preset that I've downloaded, I must tweak like crazy to get the volumes right (They are always way to high!), as well as setting it up to use not only through a feed to a console for FOH (Output 1) via a CAB, but through Output 2 via FX LOOP straight to a Matrix GT800FX and Mesa 4X12 V30s Cab. Every preset I download seems very treble heavy! I don't know if its my setup that's different, or maybe Im missing something, programming wise! Regards, Flav!

Good Lord! LOL

I think Cliff basically said that, for example, FAS Modern uses a series of second order filters that in the real world would wolf be incredibly cost prohibitive....

Oh! That's pretty cool.

Cliff doesn't need the real world if he has the right readily available chips. Screw them! Cliff is on target for reproducing real world models. And as you say, he already creates whole new sounds and behaviors... Maybe we could have a model designed to feedback insanely strictly on a certain, select-able (non-octave-reduced) note? Or, forgetting equal tempered pitches, what about an amp model that feeds back when you bend up to a selected true just ratio pitch like an exact 5:4 major third, or 7:4 flat seven?

For the love of God, let him create!

Last edited:
You know, it would be cool to see a 3-D vid with explanations of the components and features of these impossible and expensive models, that clearly show dedication to Fractal customer satisfaction as their primary goal, just like Chrysler Automotive demonstrates in this vid of an actual, and non-virtual working high performance system:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

What i've learned from this thread is that side fumbling is to be avoided. 47, and now I get this info. I could have been a millionaire by now.

The turbo encabulator is such an old technology. I used to tell all about it to my son, but now that he is 3 years old he advised me to bring up some modern tech talk into his bedtime stories. Than I dropped the bomb: "Son, FW3 is around the corner for the AxeFX“. You should have seen the smile on his face...

Back
Top Bottom