Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

It's going to be quite a while. I have to remeasure all the amps to determine the OT core loss values. Maybe I'll put up a beta for people to play with.

Whatever you do kindest of Sir's (said with a salute) please help us to keep our amp/tone settings. I beg of theee! I'm so happy right now with everything, but would hate like heck to not be able to use an update loaded with additional goodies that also forces me to have to redo my tones. :)

Hey Danny, is there a place online where I can listen to all of your albums? I heard one of your youtube videos and want to hear one of your full records.

Hey Danny, is there a place online where I can listen to all of your albums? I heard one of your youtube videos and want to hear one of your full records.

Unfortunately, there isn't right now...other than people that may have pirated me. My new album should be out this time next year and the label will be taking care of digital downloads and reissues etc of my back catalog. Send me a private message when you get a minute so we don't clutter up the FW thread and I'll share a few things with you. Thanks for your interest. :)

Whatever you do kindest of Sir's (said with a salute) please help us to keep our amp/tone settings. I beg of theee! I'm so happy right now with everything, but would hate like heck to not be able to use an update loaded with additional goodies that also forces me to have to redo my tones. :)

???... Sorry, I don't get the logic in the request.
It's pretty simple really. I see it this way;
A Real Amp + modification of its guts = Among other differences, some degree of Tone Change.
A modeled/virtual amp + modification of its (algorithm) guts = Among other differences, some degree of Tone Change.
By virtue of the mod... things will mot remain the same.

Last edited:
A Real Amp + modification of its guts = Among other differences, some degree of Tone Change.
A modeled/virtual amp + modification of its (algorithm) guts = Among other differences, some degree of Tone Change.

Its called "satire" and its poking fun at the people who do want the impossible combination of having everything improved, yet still sound exactly the same. Its like people that say they want to lose weight, but that don't want to change their eating habits or do any exercise.

Cliff already finished coding up to Q25.0 last year. All he has to do now is sit back and relax, releasing an update every few weeks, and keeping all us ravenous FW junkies chomping at the bit for our latest fix =)
I dare say, if Cliff were guilty of withholding epiphanies, he would likely also be guilty of planned tonal obsolescence. When has your axe fx II sputtered and required a purchase of an amp model replacement? That would be a cool virtual simulation though, really. Make a virtual amp behave as if it were frying of tube melt (not the same as patty melt, but similar - gosh waiting on these firmware updates makes a person hungry).

It's simple. I'm not a hobbyist and don't have the time to tweak my tones from the ground up with every firmware but would like to be able to use the other cool things that get implemented into a firmware release. All of my income is from music both live and in the studio where time is money.

Example: I didn't particularly like 2.01 or the fact that the amp I favored was drastically changed negatively for my use. So I literally would have to stay on fw 2.0 to keep my tones but would lose out on the new harmonics knob as well as the fw option for each preset if I was totally sold on fw 2.0.

Because Cliff gave us the fw select option, this helped me maintain my sounds with very little to no tweaking for some. My request was sent out in hopes there would be little to no tweaking like the last fw. Is that simple enough?

Mobius fractalations
Originating at the center
Resonating outward
Ephemeral tragedy

Basic conclusions
Atrophy of the sine wave
Simple
Solutions

Aftermath of sonic boundaries
Misguided interpolation
Pushing to
Sacrifice treble in its name

Please

Don't worry, we've got you covered. There will be four options in the Q3.00: Latest, 2.04, 2.01, 2.00. But you're going to prefer 3.00.

Back
Top Bottom