Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

I hope this goes well. I stopped the transfer twice. I downloaded 2.02 this morning (EU time)... Then Fractal Bot tells me 2.03 is available, so I cancel the transfer at 43% and have it download 2.03... Reboot Axe and Then I come on here and see 2.04 is out... So I cancel the transfer at 64%... Download 2.04, reboot AxeFx and start transfer again... Now Fractal-Bot tells me he cancelled because I manually put the unit in download mode... Didnay do dat...

Almost done... I should check the forum for 2.05. It's about time...

Last edited:
The Friedmanns sound amazing awesome but I prefere so fare the V1 modells. this is at bedromm level - on wedenesday I'll check it loud....

This version was compiled with my new computer. Perhaps this new Core I7 5930K water cooled monster contributed some extra mojo to the firmware.

Did you go with hardline tubing? Please tell me your reservoir is full of pale green fluid... yknow, to match the axe!

Just curious (and not a flamebait question), how come we are being given the choice between the 3 firmware's?

Yeah as mentioned in another post, some folks noticed differences between the different firmware versions. I noticed maybe a low end difference but honestly after tweaking, can't remember. :) To me three firmware choices is like someone saying "you can bang the blonde, brunette, or redhead". To me, all are good choices. :)

Still all my presets set to "Q2.01" by default.
This might help, from the release notes
2.01 use Q2.01 and for 2.00 use Q2.00. Notethat changing the Default Modeling
Version in the Global menu does NOT change the modeling version the amp block is
using. It only selects which version the ampblock will use when selecting a
new amp model or recalling old presets.Otherwise the version will remain
unchanged.
Dieter

AT one point Cliff mentioned one version used the preamp from one version and the power amp from another version-- is this the 'latest' setting, or did this never come to be as an option? Sorry just confused

I had to skip a couple of Firmwares to be able to catch up! (And i don't even do Betas!)

I'm in the middle of a recording project, but what the hell, updated to 2.04!

This might help, from the release notes
2.01 use Q2.01 and for 2.00 use Q2.00. Notethat changing the Default Modeling
Version in the Global menu does NOT change the modeling version the amp block is
using. It only selects which version the ampblock will use when selecting a
new amp model or recalling old presets.Otherwise the version will remain
unchanged.
Dieter

Thanks for the help, mate.

It´s not that you can´t put your amp blocks as you want, but in order to set all my presets to "latest" i´ve had to reset all amp blocks one by one (like 55 times), even when i´ve put the Global in "latest". It´s not a big deal (i´ve done it already), but it´s boring, and i thought it wouldn´t be necessary (i guessed it would be the "default" to be "latest")...;)

Like i said, not big deal, just i´ve pointed it out. :)

Back
Top Bottom