Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.02 Firmware Release

Hi, please forgive my daft question but I'm very new to this. I've upgraded to 2.02, thanks. my question is, do I have to open the UltraRes Samples folder and install each syx file individually? Many thanks...
If you've loaded these before with previous firmware, you do not need to load them again. Updating firmware does not change user cabs. If you never loaded them before, then use Axe-Edit and move them into open cab slots. Can move them in bulk if you want.

If you've loaded these before with previous firmware, you do not need to load them again. Updating firmware does not change user cabs. If you never loaded them before, then use Axe-Edit and move them into open cab slots. Can move them in bulk if you want.
I've only ever updated the firmware, not any other types of files etc... I'm a mong with this type of thing, it's like rocket science!
Thanks for your help though

my question is, do I have to open the UltraRes Samples folder and install each syx file individually? Many thanks...

Depends. If you have an XL/XL+ those IR's are already installed. If you have a MK 1/MK 2, then you need to load them in to the user cabs using one of Fractal Bot, Axe Edit - Manage cabs, or Cab Lab.
The truth is, you don't have to load them at all. Those cabs are just Fractal's way of making sure that people with older Axe IIs have the same extra cabs that XL users have.

There it is...the refined tone of 2.0 Smooth as a fine aged scotch! Everything is sounding PERFECT right now Cliff. Thank you FAS & Company! You're safe with this one Danny Danzi!

increasing the new Harmonics parameter softens the distortion, according to the notes. my guess is that it theoretically doesn't make sense to "harden" the distortion with this particular control?

With the new default being at zero.....the amps with soft characteristics can only be further softened...even though they are already soft.

If 1 person likes it soft another person likes it hard.....

Not like that for me, gobs of thick sustain on 2.01, I wonder how many people install the updates, go to there goto presets without resetting the amp block and adjusting?
because 2.01 for me was awesome after block reset.

Of course I reset the blocks. Reset system params. Reinstalled firmware. I make sure to do all the basics before posting. Again, it was only a couple amps - only 4 out of about 50 of my custom patches seemed to be a little off in 2.01. The other remaining presets sounded fabulous as I have come to expect. Doesn't really matter now that I dialed them back in with 2.02 in a matter of minutes.

We can go back and forth all day.

I know I can choose another amp, and I appreciate you trying to help....but I wasn't asking for help.

I was asking a question about why the control only goes up.

I just wanted to know if there was a reason why. I think only 1 person can answer that question if he chooses to do so.

It's called a joke. Wasn't trying to help you.

Perhaps if you mention the specific person you're addressing next time, it will clear things up before hand.

Thank you Cliff:.. I had rehearsal Thursday Night with 2.01 and to me it sounded muddy for lack of a better term, the notes were missing definition...
This afternoon I saw 2.02 and updated my
Axe Fx II XL right before my Show at BBKings here in NYC.
It was perfect!! The best it's ever sounded..

Thanks again,
Rain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom