Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta

I was aware of the "Harmonic" interaction parameter by Cliff's prior comments, but the new preamp tube types are a nice surprise BIG THANKS!

Curious about the "Harmonics" parameter and the 'tube interaction'; does this affect the interaction of the dual triodes in a single tube (ala 12AX7) or some other interaction between separate tubes?

The second!

Hey all. I'm getting the following error when I try to switch presets.

I've refreshed in Axe Edit after FW update. If I try to switch with my midi foot controller, nothing happens. Boot up Axe-Edit and it gives me this error:

7p8ECod.png

Hey all. I'm getting the following error when I try to switch presets.

I've refreshed in Axe Edit after FW update. If I try to switch with my midi foot controller, nothing happens. Boot up Axe-Edit and it gives me this error:

7p8ECod.png

Make sure your mfc is not connected when you update firmware unplug that upload FW turn off machine when prompted THEN plug mfc in and then turn it back on see if that helps ....

If you did that to begin with disregard..

Since a 5F1 tweed is a single-ended, single power tube, it's hard to understand how it could not be class A and still be usable for audio? I can understand push-pull guitar amps as you've stated.
The hi-fi (EE) theory always refer to "linear region" to define a class A device having a known input signal level. A guitar preamp is design to overdrive. When the signal is so hot to drive tube into cutoff (or saturation) there is still open debate whether you enter class B or remain into class A.

2.01 seems to mess up mouse wheel operations in Axe-Edit. Anyone else notice this?

Yes,this is the way it is. Scroling the mouse wheel.. takes you a few steps "more"
We need a new Axe Edit,for new Fw (on Axe Fx)
This is normal

The team is unstoppable!! Thanks!

Do you use theoretical models to the power tubes too? Haven´t you considered using power tubes real measures instead of theoretical ones? It could be worthwhile to give it a try, even if theory says it´s not. Who knows what´s gonna happen to the axe overall tone...forgive this message if you already do this :)

It's nice to wake up at 5:00 with a couple extra hour to myself and find this! ya me! (where are my head phones?)

I noticed a bit of change last night and some more louder playing I'm sure will highlight the changes more but after Q 1 and 2 kind of blowing me away this is a welcome subtle update. I've been very happy with 2. 2.01 is just a little extra. Can't stop playing the double verb with my strat these days.

Funny thing is, that people say it is warmer. I had the feeling that there was more treble or rather clarity on all amps, string separation is better, especially with hi gain. But again, maybe I am just imagining things, because I want to hear an improvement, who knows? :)

One of these days Cliff will upload a firmware, everybody will be completely floored how much bettererer it sounds and then he will say - oops, sorry guys, I uploaded the same version with just a different name (or worse, I uploaded older version ...). Then it will be really funny.

Anyway, I really want to say thank you guys - recently I was watching a competing product and then I realized - dude! You don't need that! you have all that and some already! Just use it! :)

And to end my rant - Thanks FAS. you guys rock'n'rule! :)

Back
Top Bottom