Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta

That model didn't change from 2.00. Since you are saying it sounds fine until you reset the amp model then it's a parameter being reset. You just need to go through each parameter until you find the one that is responsible.
Will do Cliff. I thought I did but I'll check again, thanks! Of course it could just be my brain malfunctioning.

Power amp hardness is reset to 0 on all of my goto presets.
Is that an intended behavior?

However hardness at 0 is not my thing, too soft, too vintage.

That is not intended behavior. It should be around 5 depending upon the tube type chosen.

Speaking of power amp hardness, I did notice it goes to 10 now.

Yes. It used to be five integer values. Now it's continuous from 0 to 10. The firmware *should* reset the hardness of existing presets. It does on the presets we tested.

In the middle of recording but always want anything that may be more realistic. Loving 2.0 at the moment and have everything sounding terrific. How much will the update effect my current sounds if I don't update/refresh amp blocks? I use the Brit 800 Mod and the Brit AFS100 2 most of the time for my nasty stuff. Not as worried about my clean patches right now. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Great firmware, I'm loving it!
If you want to try the new pre amp types I recommend selecting them through the front panel.
In my case changing them with Axe Edit didn't seem to make a tonal difference.
When I tried it via the front panel it did work.
Probably a very logical thing but I thought I'd give a heads up here....

Edit: the difference seems very subtle to my ears though

Last edited:
In the middle of recording but always want anything that may be more realistic. Loving 2.0 at the moment and have everything sounding terrific. How much will the update effect my current sounds if I don't update/refresh amp blocks? I use the Brit 800 Mod and the Brit AFS100 2 most of the time for my nasty stuff. Not as worried about my clean patches right now. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Don't update. Those two amps would definitely be affected.

That is not intended behavior. It should be around 5 depending upon the tube type chosen.
My power amp hardness says 0 after the update and when I reset the amp it goes to 6.6 and before the update it was 5. The preamp hardness has changed from 9.2 to 8.2 also. Would this cause my issue?

I have an XL (+ MFC 101 Mk III) and a number of two amp presets (using both X and Y of Amp1 and Amp2). On all the presets I have checked so far the Power Amp Hardness is 0 on all my Amp2's (both X and Y are 0). I have checked the values both in Axe Edit and on the front panel of the XL.

Besides that ..... The Fractal gear is my best investment in musical gear EVER. Christmas eve 10+ times per year
C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
Thanks from Norway

Edit; Using the "Set amp(s) to defaults" on the front panel (Utility Menu) does not correct the Power Amp Hardness, but de-selecting and re-selecting brings the values back. So does the Block Reset in Axe Edit.

Last edited:
My power amp hardness says 0 after the update and when I reset the amp it goes to 6.6 and before the update it was 5. The preamp hardness has changed from 9.2 to 8.2 also. Would this cause my issue?

Set it to whatever sounds best to you.

I have an XL (+ MFC 101 Mk III) and a number of two amp presets (using both X and Y of Amp1 and Amp2). On all the presets I have checked so far the Power Amp Hardness is 0 on all my Amp2's (both X and Y are 0). I have checked the values both in Axe Edit and on the front panel of the XL.

Besides that ..... The Fractal gear is my best investment in musical gear EVER. Christmas eve 10+ times per year
C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
Thanks from Norway

Edit; Using the "Set amp(s) to defaults" on the front panel (Utility Menu) does not correct the Power Amp Hardness, but de-selecting and re-selecting brings the values back. So does the Block Reset in Axe Edit.

Yes, that is a bug. Amp 1 should be fine.

I was having some good fun with the rectos tonight, specifically recto 1 red. Then after the update I noticed the defaults are significantly different which made the amp significantly brighter, with a less connected pick attack. Just looking through the settings and quite a few things seem to have changed. The preamp bias moved up a bit, and the previous recto had its power amp hardness at 0, and now seems to be at 5.8. Fair few differneces in power supply too. I am glitchy or is this intended behaviour folks?

finally installed...sounds great. i think i'm digging the EF86, seems a bit smoother/more dynamic than the 12ax7's for the Dc30. 12axyb seems smoother than 12ax7a to my ears as well.

Back
Top Bottom