Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta

Q2.01 - Only had a little time to fiddle with it last night. Noticed the clean/low-gain preset I built (based on a Fremen preset) has a "snappier", "crisper" top end. Had to bring the high frequencies down a little to tame it, but it does bring some extra clarity which helps (I think).

Thanks again Cliff!

yup, it's really good. I fool my ears daily into thinking I'm in a room with an amp. The modeling is becoming truly exceptional.

Really good. Kinda like having a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle sitting in your living room for several years--all done except for one piece right in the middle--and then finding the missing piece under the couch.

Hey all. I'm getting the following error when I try to switch presets.

I've refreshed in Axe Edit after FW update. If I try to switch with my midi foot controller, nothing happens. Boot up Axe-Edit and it gives me this error:

7p8ECod.png
I was getting MFC time out errors last night as well. No Axe Edit or Fractal bot connected. It was fine for a couple of hours & all of a sudden kept timing out. A restart fixed it but it kept happening again after a few minutes. I re-downloaded the firmware & re-installed it. Same problem. Anyone else?

No Problem with Edit here, works fine with 2.01 beta.

But it killed a couple of my presets, especially at block A, also a few B and C. Usercabs all here. Very strange...........

But sounds really better than 2.01 - have only tried AC 30 and 1959 - more direct, with a nice sustain and singing notes at low gain yet.

do we have to system reset to see new preampsection? there´s still vintage - modern on my frontpanel at preamptubes.

But I have to go back and look for my presets at 2.0.

Edit: Wrong Firmware - I´ve used 2.00 beta 1 - sorry. The Firmware I love more than the final 2.0.
It still sounds better to me - food for thinking.

Last edited:
I love the 2.01 beta - just played nonstop 3 hours - have to give my fingers a rest - the JCM 45 is amazing now and I'm using Cliff's ir mixing technic: "stereo cab right with a single mic SM57 Pre Rola ir and left single mic R121 V30 ir panned hard 0.167 delay" :D sorry and touch on Harmonics between 0.50 - 1.00....

I love the 2.01 beta - just played nonstop 3 hours - have to give my fingers a rest - the JCM 45 is amazing now and I'm using Cliff's ir mixing technic: "stereo cab right with a single mic SM57 Pre Rola ir and left single mic R121 V30 ir panned hard 0.167 delay" :D sorry and touch on Harmonics between 0.50 - 1.00....

Question on that cab mix technique. I take it you need to be using or running in true stereo (L&R cables out for two discrete signals) to take advantage of that, or are you doing the summed L/R?

No at home I'm using only 1 Matrix Q12a and one cable (L) to connect though it's on stereo as I'm not doing sum L/R and it really sounds different - Live I'm using 2 Q12's in stereo of course but haven't had time yet to do so.

I have to say these last 2 major breakthroughs by Cliff in relation to valve modelling, poweramp then preamp, have been game changes as far as Im concerned. When playing through a cab Im now getting the kind of ballsy, lower mid thump and three dimensional power that I have previously craved from real amps. I was never in any doubt about the unit ability to deliver top quality recorded guitar tones but now the amp in the room authenticity is totally there.

With the voxamps the FW 2.01 beta does a dreamjob - a very "loose" feeling and open sound.
to my ears the overdrive/distortion is "thicker" and more to hear from each string. Do the amps have got more drive with this FW?

The response from the bassstrings is more soft - great für feelingplayer, singlenote playing.. Mmh....can´t decide what I like more, cause I haven´t got a real amp here...

FW 2.0 was more compact, direct - better for riffing and funky stuff.

I'm having trouble with my main amp not being as bouncy and chunky. Kind of stiff feeling. Its the Angle 1. I've switched between 2 and 2.1 four or five times and its fine until I reset the amp and then Its not good for me. I made sure all the settings were exact after resetting the amp. Is there something I can change to get that bouncy chunk back or should I just stay on 2?

I'm having trouble with my main amp not being as bouncy and chunky. Kind of stiff feeling. Its the Angle 1. I've switched between 2 and 2.1 four or five times and its fine until I reset the amp and then Its not good for me. I made sure all the settings were exact after resetting the amp. Is there something I can change to get that bouncy chunk back or should I just stay on 2?

I'd just stay on 2.00 until the official 2.01 firmware is released, then see if you get along better with it. For whatever reason, I often find that I'll love the official release of a firmware, even though I initially didn't care for the beta version.

That model didn't change from 2.00. Since you are saying it sounds fine until you reset the amp model then it's a parameter being reset. You just need to go through each parameter until you find the one that is responsible.

Power amp hardness is reset to 0 on all of my goto presets.
Is that an intended behavior?

However hardness at 0 is not my thing, too soft, too vintage.

Back
Top Bottom