Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwei

I don´t know what Cliff did for this firmware (a lot of work, shure), but the Volumeknob at the Guitar seems to be the best soundtool........

Can stop playing open chords with the Vox AC 30 TopBoost, Treble Boost, Reverb , Volumeknob at 7......

The default overdrive for the Angle 1 use to be 7.50 and in 2.01 its 5. Is this a mistake or a new change? Its easy enough to change on my end but it made me think the gain had really gone down on the amp until I caught it.

There is really no "default". Set it to whatever sounds best.

Spent some time with latest Q2.01 yesterday, comparing directly between AX8 using NOTHING but an amp block, with cab sim off into Matrix amp and my guitar cab. AX8 would be equivalent to Q 1.x I guess. I played around with mostly cleans and light breakup stuff on a few favorite models, trying to basically match settings between Axe-FX and AX8. In every case I ended up with significant preference for 2.01 beta on the Axe-FX.

With a real cab at volume, a big part of what I'm after is the 'punch', the dynamics you feel as much as hear. Real amps always seemed more punchy, and 1.x sounds great but the 2.01 amps seem to punch you just as hard as the real deal, and then kick you in the ass for good measure, while blowing your mind.

In conclusion, Quantum 2.01 is bad for your health.

Quantum 2.01 has been ported to the AX-8 and is in beta test.

on Axe Edit, there's a reset block utility, however it will put ALL parameters to defaut (tonestack on 5 etc.) ; on the front panel, select another amp model, then go back to the one you want to use, which will reset only the advanced parameters, volume and master volume (tonestack unaffected)

on Axe Edit, there's a reset block utility, however it will put ALL parameters to defaut (tonestack on 5 etc.) ; on the front panel, select another amp model, then go back to the one you want to use, which will reset only the advanced parameters, volume and master volume (tonestack unaffected)

Thanks!

Thanks FAS...I have not had GAS for a new amp in years now...Your constant updates are awesome

What does it mean if you refresh some of your amp blocks and liked them better before you refreshed? Don't get me wrong, it sounds great but some of my heavy patches sound more pleasing left as is and not refreshed while using 2.01 beta zwei.

What does it mean if you refresh some of your amp blocks and liked them better before you refreshed? Don't get me wrong, it sounds great but some of my heavy patches sound more pleasing left as is and not refreshed while using 2.01 beta zwei.
Always save what you like. That way, you can always get back to it.

Just a suggestion... but it also might mean that some advanced parameter settings got changed, after you refreshed. It's possible that once you reset those particular parameters back to "pre-reset" values, you'd like the patch as much, or more.
As many people have pointed out here, a good way to progress is to copy your amp setting to both the X and Y position, then reset Y. Now, you can compare which you prefer... but also, you can visually compare the X and Y, and see what got changed in the "reset" process. If you prefer the old one (X), then toy with the changed parameters on Y, until the like the new one as much, or more. Once you get to that point (IF you do...) then it's probably best to stay with that new one.

Does it work if you do this on Axe Edit (changing to another amp then back) or does this also change the tone stack? (tonestack on 5 etc.)

Cheers.

Just a suggestion... but it also might mean that some advanced parameter settings got changed, after you refreshed. It's possible that once you reset those particular parameters back to "pre-reset" values, you'd like the patch as much, or more.
As many people have pointed out here, a good way to progress is to copy your amp setting to both the X and Y position, then reset Y. Now, you can compare which you prefer... but also, you can visually compare the X and Y, and see what got changed in the "reset" process. If you prefer the old one (X), then toy with the changed parameters on Y, until the like the new one as much, or more. Once you get to that point (IF you do...) then it's probably best to stay with that new one.
I have a basic setting with no advanced changes and everything is set exactly the same before and after but I guess what I'm asking is will I get any of the newer firmware advantages and is it ok to not refresh an amp block?

Back
Top Bottom