Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwei

Downfall of the AX8, reading about all the fun we are missing out on. I might have to get a Axe Fx just to play with betas!

An AX8 firmware with these updates/features went to the beta team today.

So cool to see an adaptive agile approach taken with the AX8 firmware. It's not easy keeping up with Cliff, but if it can be managed it really keeps the excitement and momentum going for the whole FAS modeling platform. Fantastic!

Does the new 'invert' function in the cab blocks flip the phase on the mic? So for instance, In my studio I have two mic's on a cab (SM57 & 451), invert one of them then I can get that scooped out of phase sound and I can change the amount of scoop by changing the levels between both mic's? Will I be able to do this with a stereo cab block? If the Axefx now does this, I will be so happy. It is probably the only thing I have missed for my normal mic'ing method for rhythm guitars.
Well, that and a C451 and a C414 in the mic's for the cab block too :)
Can't try any updates at the moment as we are still doing guitars on the new album :-( Only 1.5 songs to finish though and I now have the AX8 too. Happy days.

An AX8 firmware with these updates/features went to the beta team today.

Great! to hear that the AX8 firmware keeps up so close with the flagship FW.
When it's only a "short" time, needed for bugchecking, before it's released after the big boy, I'm a very happy customer.
AX8 still in the box until the new FW is out. Wanna be blown away from the first chord :)

you really will be right now. seriously.

it's a disservice to oneself to constantly be thinking about the next firmware. some do it to a fault. play what you have NOW because it's already great!

I know Chris what it can, I come from the AxeFX which I have sold 2 months ago.
Main reason I want to dial in the JS amps for my main tone, ánd with the new Tube modeling.
But you're right. When that's done. PLAY! whatever will come in next FW

Back
Top Bottom