Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Firmware Release

Yes, but not from previous signal that had been fed into it while it was bypassed.
This.

In previous firmware, an effect that was bypassed "Thru" would still process the signal—it just didn't send it anywhere. A bypassed delay, for example, would still have echoes of your signal tumbling around inside of it. When you unbypassed it, those echoes would come spilling out.

This.

In previous firmware, an effect that was bypassed "Thru" would still process the signal—it just didn't send it anywhere. A bypassed delay, for example, would still have echoes of your signal tumbling around inside of it. When you unbypassed it, those echoes would come spilling out.
so is this just the same as bypass = mute fx in?? which is how I've always set the reverb and delay

not quite. setting bypass to mute effect in, leaves the mix level the same, so you get no change in dry level. thru sets mix level to zero.

I love this update.

Spent all afteroon playing every Van Halen lick I know with the Atomica... Then back to my favorite the Triaxis, jammed, set up Reaper to actually record something, got drums going, then just jammed and wanked for hours. Also tried the Recto 1 for like the first time ever. It sucks as much as a real Recto until I put a pedal in front of it, just like a real Dual Rectifier, and it started to actually not suck.

Then went back to the Triaxis. I noticed I always seem to nudge the "Xformer match" down to around 0.920 - 0.980 or so, somewhere in that range. And I always nudge the "Supply Sag" up a bit, pretty much no matter which amp block I use. Seems to really dial it in.

Totally love this amp. Amps. Entire guitar signal chain. My tube amp and cab are in dust covers gathering dust. AND IT'S AWESOME!

Have to disagree, I've been playing the recto for leads a lot lately live and its a singing beast! I will try the triaxis though... lol

Gotcha! Try the fuzz, or a few other models. Maybe I just haven't played them for a while. I'd be curious of your opinion.

This changed a while back when the drives were G3'ed.

They are authentic now. I run the PI Fuzz around Drive 1.0, just like my real pedal.

not yet for 2.01 ,but shouldn't be long now that the release is out.
Axe edit 3.6 is out now
Was there always a master volume trim on Axe edit? I don't remember it being there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDH
I can also attest that this firmware update is unbelievable! Great job all! I'm amazed at how things have grown during the past few months!

The new harmonics-knob is a great tool!
Try it at the Friedmann BE - default on 0,54 - turn it to zero. Amps sounds much better, direct, punchy!

Always a guy crying....me! LOL! It's weird....I can hear the incredible differences for the better on all the amps but the ones *I* use! LOL!!!! My Marshall mod amp has more high end (which I was hoping it would have been a bit warmer) and the gain has been reduced quite drastically. The less gain part I have to mess with because in FW 2, I got this break-up sort of gain that I can't seem to get as easy with 2.01. Turning the boost on almost hits it, but not quite. Will experiment a bit more.

The Brit AFS 2 is going to need a little work too. Can't put my finger on what's different in that. Nothing bad on either amp, just something I'm not sure I want to mess with at this time as I'm super dialed in with FW 2.0 for what I need. I may try and reload the FW again and do a system reset to make sure. The last time the 800 mod lost gain and was a bit high endy, I reloaded and reset system settings and it worked. Was kinda hoping the amps I used wouldn't be as drastically affected by the update, but Cliff warned me about this a few weeks ago.

I was just wondering: does anyone know (besides Cliff of course) whether all these changes in Quantum affect in any way the measurements made in the G3 process (or are they 100% independent)? Thanks for all these gifts Cliff. FAS rocks!

Always a guy crying....me! LOL! It's weird....I can hear the incredible differences for the better on all the amps but the ones *I* use! LOL!!!! My Marshall mod amp has more high end (which I was hoping it would have been a bit warmer) and the gain has been reduced quite drastically. The less gain part I have to mess with because in FW 2, I got this break-up sort of gain that I can't seem to get as easy with 2.01. Turning the boost on almost hits it, but not quite. Will experiment a bit more.

The Brit AFS 2 is going to need a little work too. Can't put my finger on what's different in that. Nothing bad on either amp, just something I'm not sure I want to mess with at this time as I'm super dialed in with FW 2.0 for what I need. I may try and reload the FW again and do a system reset to make sure. The last time the 800 mod lost gain and was a bit high endy, I reloaded and reset system settings and it worked. Was kinda hoping the amps I used wouldn't be as drastically affected by the update, but Cliff warned me about this a few weeks ago.

I feel the same way. Most of the amps seem to sound better except the Marshalls. In 2.0 they were exceptional sounding and feeling. When I turned down the volume on my guitar they sounded so warm and vintage with the perfect breakup when I dug in.
They seem to have changed and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get back that tone. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom