Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Firmware Release

Gigged last night with Q 2.01 (used 53 presets with 5 different guitars) and had great everything! Sounds and feels killer awesome!
Thanks Cliff & FAS!

The really best firmware ever!!!
I have my Mark II one year already, but the difference to my real Amps was always too huge to use the AXE without amp on stage.

This update really is a very very big step forward. I don´t miss anything anymore. A game changer IMO!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

is there a difference in between Q2.01 and Q2.01beta?
I've bounced back and forth between these two a few times and I'm convinced I may be hearing and / or something
but I'm not sure

is there a difference in between Q2.01 and Q2.01beta?
I've bounced back and forth between these two a few times and I'm convinced I may be hearing and / or something
but I'm not sure
What are you hearing?

This is awesome! A lot of you guys have such an acute aural ability, that I swear you have bat-ears! :) I, on the other hand am nearly deaf ,relatively speaking, and therefore often do not hear the differences between many firmwares. Not to mention, I am such a novice guitarist and am humbled by the talent on this forum. However, even my hearing deficient ears can tell the difference that Quantum has made!

All the really cool harmonics make the strings have that bell-like sound from a tube. If I use some effects, it's like I get a nearly finished album quality sound right out of the box. Amazing!

Thanks so much for all of the hard work that Fractal Audio puts into its product. I know it's been said a thousand times, but I have never felt this happy about a product. Thanks again!

Maybe its just been awhile since I have gotten into the drive pedals, but a lot of them seem to have a significant amount of gain now. Like the Ruckus, Pi Fuzz, etc. To the point of where there isn't much gain staging after 1.0. Its just on. Is this normal?

Maybe its just been awhile since I have gotten into the drive pedals, but a lot of them seem to have a significant amount of gain now. Like the Ruckus, Pi Fuzz, etc. To the point of where there isn't much gain staging after 1.0. Its just on. Is this normal?
i feel the Ruckus has always been like that. not sure about the fuzz type.

Sonically they are identical.
when I first switched I thought I heard something
then I switched back and forth a few times and wasn't sure if I was hearing something, expecting to hear something, or if everything was the same..
you know how your hearing and aural perception can play games with you.. and then you stop trusting yourself..

between now and my previous post, I just reamped a take with Q2.01 and compared it with the take I reamped Friday with Q2.01b..
and yes, after A/B testing them they sound the same..

should have done that in the first place shouldn't I.. lol..

Change “Thru” bypass mode so that effect input is muted. This prevents, for example, delays from creating echoes when engaged.

What was the functionality like before the change.

Change “Thru” bypass mode so that effect input is muted. This prevents, for example, delays from creating echoes when engaged.

What was the functionality like before the change.
I don't get it. When its engaged its supposed to echo.

Back
Top Bottom