Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Firmware Release

I'm coming from 2.0 to 2.01, and I can definitely notice a difference in the tube break up. So far just trying it on the Tucana preset but it's awesome! Thanks again Cliff!!

I've never been this early (just downloaded 2.0 yesterday!) One question - why are some people waiting for axe-edit to be updated? I thought the two were somewhat independent from each other?!

WTF!!!! impressive update. sounds TOO GOOD I want it to stay here forever...... I am starting to feel sorry for the competition

.......One question - why are some people waiting for axe-edit to be updated? I thought the two were somewhat independent from each other?!

Yes they are to a degree, but to take advantage of tweaking some additional controls, the virtual "buttons and knobs" need to be added to Axe-Edit.

You can still use it, there just might be some inconsistencies until Axe-Edit is updated.

Generally I crack on and just use Axe-Edit until the update is released.... If I want to tweak any of the new parameters then I just use the front panel.

Nice!! Downloaded and packing up for a show this evening !!! Thank You Cliff!!!

Last edited:
Yes they are to a degree, but to take advantage of tweaking some additional controls, the virtual "buttons and knobs" need to be added to Axe-Edit.

You can still use it, there just might be some inconsistencies until Axe-Edit is updated.

Generally I crack on and just use Axe-Edit until the update is released.... If I want to tweak any of the new parameters then I just use the front panel.

I have found that if you want to play wth some of the paramaters that don't work with AE yet, e.g. TUBE TYPE, if you navigate to the correct page on the front panel, AE will change the value. Only thing is, Preamp Tube Type for example--you have to find it in the GUI window. It's on the ADV tab wayyy down the list. I'm sure AE 3.5.2 is on the way tho...

I have found that if you want to play wth some of the paramaters that don't work with AE yet, e.g. TUBE TYPE, if you navigate to the correct page on the front panel, AE will change the value. Only thing is, Preamp Tube Type for example--you have to find it in the GUI window. It's on the ADV tab wayyy down the list. I'm sure AE 3.5.2 is on the way tho...

Yes, I don't use Ax-Edit and the front panel at the same time.... Either Or for the very reason you mention

Thank you Sir :), I think the Axe-Fx II is not only the best Musical hardware in the universe even it's an huge inspiring machine
Thanks for the great updates :)

Back
Top Bottom