Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Firmware Release

Further improvement of preamp tube models based on measurements. The existing theoretical models, i.e. “Modern”, “Vintage”, etc., have been removed. There are now six extremely accurate preamp tube types: 12AX7A, ECC83, 7025, 12AX7B, ECC803 and EF86. Note that the EF86 type has been normalized to have roughly the same gain as the triode types.

Improved power tube saturation modeling. This yields warmer, “tubier” distortion. The PA Hardness parameter is automatically set for each power tube type but may be overridden if desired.

Improved tube interaction modeling. A new parameter, “Harmonics”, controls the amount of interaction. Higher values yield softer distortion. The default value is set for each amp model but may be overridden.

Improved virtual output transformer saturation modeling.

Change “Thru” bypass mode so that effect input is muted. This prevents, for example, delays from creating echoes when engaged.

Added “Invert” mic type to Cabinet block. This inverts the signal allowing for interesting effects in conjunction with the delay parameter.

Fixed Reverse Delay being modulated slightly for long delay times.

Fixed Mr Z MZ-8 amp model sounding “off”.

Oh hell yeah! I have time to play this weekend so I was going to ask if there was any chance of a release before upgrading to the latest BETA, but didn't want to sound like a PITA. Thank you Cliff for releasing on an open guitar weekend!!! You doth' rock kind sir!!!

Back
Top Bottom