Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Firmware Release

"Change “Thru” bypass mode so that effect input is muted. This prevents, for example, delays from creating echoes when engaged."

I had no idea how much I wanted this. Thank you!!!

No new amps? :confused:

facepalm.gif

I've just gone and reamped a load of guitar tracks today for a session….
hmmm… do I go for the update and reamp them all again???
this means I have to make a decision...
aaahhhhhh ! ! ! !

I've just gone and reamped a load of guitar tracks today for a session….
hmmm… do I go for the update and reamp them all again???
this means I have to make a decision...
aaahhhhhh ! ! ! !

Are you out of HD space? Sound like a perfect opportunity for an A/B! :)

I just looked to see the exact number of amps which is 243.

On my MK1 there are 128 factory cabs, plus 32 free ultra-res cabs in the folder with firmware file = 150 cabs

So FAS has given us 36,450 options between switching amps and cabs around, without modifying anything.

If we start mixing amps in dual amp presets and blending two cabs in a preset - well it would take me all day just to calculate that number of options.

If you start adding effects, controllers and advanced parameters to presets, I would imagine the options are into the billions.

And then you can buy more cabs.

I guess I'm trying to say the Axe is what you make it. If you can't find a good sound, I'm pretty sure it's not FAS's fault :)

I love this update.

Spent all afteroon playing every Van Halen lick I know with the Atomica... Then back to my favorite the Triaxis, jammed, set up Reaper to actually record something, got drums going, then just jammed and wanked for hours. Also tried the Recto 1 for like the first time ever. It sucks as much as a real Recto until I put a pedal in front of it, just like a real Dual Rectifier, and it started to actually not suck.

Then went back to the Triaxis. I noticed I always seem to nudge the "Xformer match" down to around 0.920 - 0.980 or so, somewhere in that range. And I always nudge the "Supply Sag" up a bit, pretty much no matter which amp block I use. Seems to really dial it in.

Totally love this amp. Amps. Entire guitar signal chain. My tube amp and cab are in dust covers gathering dust. AND IT'S AWESOME!

I feel like 2.01 is truly amazing for the early break up stuff. I have spent all night playing Little Wing through the Tucana and I can't believe I'm not playing through an amp! This is mind blowing!

Was on an FSA Marshall patch before the upgrade. Sounded awesome. After the upgrade... sounds AWESOME!

My guitars sound so much better now. Not sure what it is but every pickup selector position sounds better.

Amazes me.

Was on an FSA Marshall patch before the upgrade. Sounded awesome. After the upgrade... sounds AWESOME!

My guitars sound so much better now. Not sure what it is but every pickup selector position sounds better.

Amazes me.
I know it!

I love how volume knob can clean up or really push the amps. I no longer need to dime it out all the time. Interestingly I could hear that my Suhr has developed a scratchy pot... :D

Back
Top Bottom