Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

You don't have to update to 18 -- you can go straight to Quantum 2.00.

Take a back up of everything before you upgrade!

This is a big leap, so make sure you've backed everything up carefully. You're going to have to revisit all your AMP block settings and redo them because of the big changes that have occurred.

Thanks! I cant wait to upgrade my firmware!

I`m running Q1.06 and have a show tonight and am really tempted to update to 2.0 right now.....what say you guys? I`m thinking a bit of tweaking but not TOO bad?........

Just installed new update. 2.00 quantum. I can not find the new JS410 amps anywhere using Axe Edit. Can be loaded from Ax Fx2 panel only. Any thoughts?

I replaced my 5153 red lead preset with the new JS410 Lead RD. I know nothing of amps, or if this is even possible, but it seems more open, powerful without clipping, and creates harmonics and better sounding feedback than the 5153.

Thanks Joe & Cliff!

-cp

I`m running Q1.06 and have a show tonight and am really tempted to update to 2.0 right now.....what say you guys? I`m thinking a bit of tweaking but not TOO bad?........

I didn't have to tweak at all on the 2.3 beta, and didn't notice any volume issues. YMMV

The new JS410 Crunch Orange is very cool!!!!

This updated is just so cool, back off to play some more.....

Hi everyone. Remember when you all first got your axe fx and you didn't really know what you was doing?Well that's me!!
This will be my first venture into firmware updates as I've only had my axe XL for a grand total of 6 days. Obviously I have no comparison to previous firmwares so it will all be new to me.

I've read lots on here but could do with some basic advice. Is it straight forward enough using fractal bot, is there any major do's and don't. I know about unplugging the mfc101 so will do that, and also refreshing after the update.

I play through a power amp and two 1x12 cabs so I've turned off cab simulation. I gather all the cab talk on here doesn't really affect me?

I realise you are all probably busy playing with the new update, but any help will be greatfully recieved. :).

Hi everyone. Remember when you all first got your axe fx and you didn't really know what you was doing?Well that's me!!
This will be my first venture into firmware updates as I've only had my axe XL for a grand total of 6 days. Obviously I have no comparison to previous firmwares so it will all be new to me.

I've read lots on here but could do with some basic advice. Is it straight forward enough using fractal bot, is there any major do's and don't. I know about unplugging the mfc101 so will do that, and also refreshing after the update.

I play through a power amp and two 1x12 cabs so I've turned off cab simulation. I gather all the cab talk on here doesn't really affect me?

I realise you are all probably busy playing with the new update, but any help will be greatfully recieved. :).

Backup Presets using AxeEdit
Download Latest AxeEdit
Install Latest AxeEdit
Unplug MFC from AxeFX
Plug in USB into computer
Fire up Fractal Bot
Ensure it's connected to AxeFx
Point it at the correct firmware version for your AxeFX
Click update

Firmware will load in about 2-3 mins, make sure you look at the front panel on the front of the Axe and power off only when it tells you to.

You should not have to change any global settings but you may want to reset your amp blocks back to stock settings and dial them in from scratch.

http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/08/backup-install-and-rollback-firmware-on-the-axe-fx-ii/

I've been light on clips lately because life has been so busy but Quantum 2.00 has put a nice, even wider grin on my face at rehearsals these days. I absolutely love where my tone is and playing my main patch is joy the likes I've never known before.

Thanks for pushing the envelope, yet again, Cliff. I'm always amazed when you can take it further.

Hmmmmmm , perhaps I am the only one NOT liking the new firmware......:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Will install it again and see if things changes......Like loosing the tighter low ends and more compressed feeling in all the amps....

First installations was wrong...second one worked...going for a third try....Yes, resetted the amps.....:confused:

For you guys searching for Joe's tone, gain full, Bass Middle and treble should be around 10am, Resonance and Presence 9am. master is usually around noon or slightly before. I don't know if the saturation switch should be engaged on this model or not, and im not sure if the axe fx will respond exactly or whether any settings should be implemented bassackwards etc.

I've always had a weird problem with satriani settings though in that I've never liked playing with such dark tone, yet I love listening to it! This amp has sustain in oodles it seems.

Since this firmware, I've traded in my friedmans for the brit pre! What a gem that is.

Edit... Damn this JS JVM really sings for leads. Damn smooth. Its not really a go to for my style of metal rhythm tone, but what a gem for leads. More playing to be done!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom