Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Hi! I'm a new Axe FX -owner and just updated this firmware to my Mark II. I cant find those new amps...do I have to reload factory presets from somewhere again?
Are you using Axe-Edit? If you are, then I believe it is Tools or Settings where you need to select the "Refresh block definitions after FW update". I don't have Axe Edit to hand, so I am just going from memory, but it is something along those lines.

yeah, just updated and sounds great. i did have to reset the amps though to pick up some of the changes in the advanced parameters (notably on the speaker page and some of the triode plate frequencies were different)

Updated to Q2.00 last night... for all the posts I read, I'm still not 100% clear on what I need to do with my presets after a FW update to make sure all new goodness the FAS has delivered is coming through. Most of what I've read talks about the AMP block only... copy X to Y,reset X, and compare? Start tweaking from scratch after block reset? After FW update, are all blocks in a preset in need of a refresh?

I'm still learning (will never end, I'm sure)... No doubt there are many resources that touch on my questions. Any help pointing me to the definitive answer/guide on post FW update tasks would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanx.

If possible - regarding the new cab block filter slope setting of 6db vs 12db, could anyone expand? From what I gather 12db would mean more of a cut??? I tend to still use peq anyways but just want to know more about this change.

I'm on firmware 11.0 Can I just upgrade to Q2 or do I have to do anything different? I've been out of the loop for a while.

I have a II but I thought I saw somewhere that I had to update to version 18 first? That's what I'm not 100% sure of.
You don't have to update to 18 -- you can go straight to Quantum 2.00.

Take a back up of everything before you upgrade!

This is a big leap, so make sure you've backed everything up carefully. You're going to have to revisit all your AMP block settings and redo them because of the big changes that have occurred.

Back
Top Bottom