Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

Fractal audio has been providing updates continuously for the II line while that was the selling product. It has now been replaced by a product called the AxeFx III. Could they keep making firmware? Sure. When someone posted about charging a fee to continue making firmware for the II, IIRC, FAS said it would be really expensive. You don’t seem to realize that It takes time and hard work that would be better spent on the new product. Do I hope I am wrong? No. I am happy with what we have here.
... and welcome to the fractal forum. Glad you are happy, but until Cliff states it's done, IT IS NOT DONE. ;)

I really hope that this comes out the right way and i will try to choose my words carefully as i don't want to offend anybody but i really don't understand why the guys that don't like anymore updates contribute to an "update"thread stating that fractal audio shouldn' t give anything new to the ii series now that the iii is out.comments like "i don't need any new amps"or "i "don't care about the tri chorus"make no sense TO ME.anyone not wanting to update should just.....not update if anything new comes along.plenty of guys here happy with the 8.02 firmware if i am not wrong.but some others really want another update with the new tri chorus or maybe the new amp that made it onto the ax8 or the newplayer ir's etc. and they post here to gather a following and politely ask Cliff to consider making the effort.
Once again i hope from the bottom of my heart that i didn't step on somebodys toes.keep hoping for another update.

Not offended. But thinking that FAS will keep porting the key features of their new flagship product just seems unrealistic and think it is time to move on. Buy a III or enjoy your II. In this sense a differing opinion is just as valid as yours even though you may not like it. To make you feel better though, I’ll give you the last word about it :)

Hi there, new member here from the UK.
After a long long while, I picked up my guitar and plugged in to my Axe Fx II Mark 2. The Firmware on the device is very outdated. It is version 8, and no not Quantum v8 but it is the original v8 from 2012!
Obviously I would like to update both the Firmware and the presets to the newest ones, but I am not sure whether the typical Fractal Bot method is the right way given how old my current firmware is.
Really appreciate input to find the best way to update. Thanks in advance!

After a long long while, I picked up my guitar and plugged in to my Axe Fx II Mark 2. The Firmware on the device is very outdated. It is version 8, and no not Quantum v8 but it is the original v8 from 2012!
Obviously I would like to update both the Firmware and the presets to the newest ones, but I am not sure whether the typical Fractal Bot method is the right way given how old my current firmware is.
That's all you need...

Make sure to download and install the latest version of FractalBot.

Back up your presets and everything before proceeding.

You might also Need the latest FAS Driver.

I decided to stay with Q9.04 and for the first time in a long time, I've just been playing and noodling more. I'd be happy , of course, if they released another FW update but the absence of any updates has subdued my OCD nature to update and tweak. Either way this freaking box is awesome.

I updated to this from Q3.03 right now.

First impression is that it sounds a lot better but a lot more compressed. Obviously there is the Speaker Drive page with the speaker compression parameter, but even with it turned off the sound has this transient, clamp down and release thing going on.
Is it really supposed to sound like this?

I kinda like it to an extent but is seems some amp settings are impossible because this effect kicks in and then it's very pronounced, I'd say unusable.

I updated to this from Q3.03 right now.

First impression is that it sounds a lot better but a lot more compressed. Obviously there is the Speaker Drive page with the speaker compression parameter, but even with it turned off the sound has this transient, clamp down and release thing going on.
Is it really supposed to sound like this?

I kinda like it to an extent but is seems some amp settings are impossible because this effect kicks in and then it's very pronounced, I'd say unusable.

Interesting view coming from such an early FW. Thanks.

Please also make sure you update the factory presets.

Is there a way to update individual factory presets? I've got about 85 presets that I've created for my own needs, but I'd love to be able to update the other presets I didn't use which are the factory ones.

Is there a way to update individual factory presets? I've got about 85 presets that I've created for my own needs, but I'd love to be able to update the other presets I didn't use which are the factory ones.
Maybe you should use FracTool batch setter feature?

Use Axe-Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. Open the factory preset bank files. Drag the individual presets wherever you want them. Then hit Save.

Use Axe-Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. Open the factory preset bank files. Drag the individual presets wherever you want them. Then hit Save.
I reckon he talks about updating parameters inside factory presets without changing bank positions

Please also make sure you update the factory presets.
Aight, even if I don't use any factory presets? This compression I'm talking about is like, take a AC-20 EF86 B/T, put bass on 0, mids and treble on 10 and Input Drive on 10. I've noticed it on some other amps too, but this is one I remember had it in particular.

I reckon he talks about updating parameters inside factory presets without changing bank positions
You mean change individual parameters without loading the new presets themselves? That would only work for presets that haven't been changed in more fundamental ways.

Yes, what I'm wanting is to leave my 85 or so custom ones alone (and located where they are) and just update the factory presets I still have (which many of them have moved from their original locations) so that they have the latest and greatest from the most recent factory preset update. I'm on the newest firmware, but I know the factory presets were improved and I don't know if I got those improvements. I certainly never downloaded them because I was afraid it would screw up my original made presets.

Back
Top Bottom