Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

Not quite.
As i understand, as much as possible was ported, but not the whole Ares.
Kinda like porting windows 10 features to windows xp. Might get similar results, but it's still not the same thing...

I didn't say the whole ARES, it was clearly stated by Fractal that what ever was possible it was implemented. So yes, there is ARES algos in this current firmware and it sounds amazing!

Maybe some pitch block improvements will come too as seen on the just released Axe FX III FW 2.0

I wonder if the hardware can handle it. Personally I wouldn’t even care if it took a bunch more CPU to get the nice sounding stuff with the new capo feature. Maybe there’ll be a normal and hi res mode like reverbs.

Fractal Audio makes money by selling new products and then providing support for them over time to keep the current customer base happy and bring on new clients. While I have been critical about FAS in some of my posts they have been very good about the free updates for years. There is a big plus too - no more random sound changes brought on by the firmware updates! I am actually very happy about this and will hold out on the III till my II dies for this reason alone. If I want or need a fancy color screen (that FAS once ripped on the Helix IIRC!), the pitch shifter or a new chorus etc then I’ll buy the III or the related stomps for them. They have salaries and bills to pay and got to make a living. Buy a III or enjoy your II!

Hey guys! This is my first post here so I say hi to all of you! Great community!

Notes on this Firmware, I had presets overwritten using the latest version of Axe Edit 3.14.3 on a Mac OSX 10.10.5 is this an Axe Edit bug? , how to avoid this problem, I lost some very useful presets by this, luckily I´m not touring, and this might be a nightmare for touring Axe Fx II XL owners. Cheers!

Hey guys! This is my first post here so I say hi to all of you! Great community!

Notes on this Firmware, I had presets overwritten using the latest version of Axe Edit 3.14.3 on a Mac OSX 10.10.5 is this an Axe Edit bug? , how to avoid this problem, I lost some very useful presets by this, luckily I´m not touring, and this might be a nightmare for touring Axe Fx II XL owners. Cheers!
I don’t understand. What did you do before losing the presets?

Axe-Edit cannot overwrite presets unless you tell it to because all the data is on the Axe-Fx.

Not a bug. Presets are overwritten only by the user himself.

Even if they can, why would they? They offer these features in the Axe III. Apart from any potential big fixes, the II is done.

Why did they backport a significant part of Ares to the AX8 and II series?

Because they're Fractal Audio! It's why we love 'em. I doubt they'll stop now....just because you say so. :D

tenor.gif

Even if they can, why would they? They offer these features in the Axe III. Apart from any potential big fixes, the II is done.

Well, AX8 is still their main and only pedalboard form amp modeler, so this argument does not work for that.
In case of Axe FX 2, the answer is: They're fractal audio. They have a history of really good treatment of their customers.

Why did they backport a significant part of Ares to the AX8 and II series?

Because they're Fractal Audio! It's why we love 'em. I doubt they'll stop now....just because you say so. :D
Fractal audio has been providing updates continuously for the II line while that was the selling product. It has now been replaced by a product called the AxeFx III. Could they keep making firmware? Sure. When someone posted about charging a fee to continue making firmware for the II, IIRC, FAS said it would be really expensive. You don’t seem to realize that It takes time and hard work that would be better spent on the new product. Do I hope I am wrong? No. I am happy with what we have here.

Back
Top Bottom